Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Regarding Scrappage Please?

Options
  • 04-10-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hiya, I've a 93 Nissan Micra, automatic, a little bit battered and I suspect its developing a problem with its transmission. At any rate, the shifting gears were a bit erratic this morning and I was a bit freaked it wasn't going to get me to work. I really thought it was going to stop dead in the road! I'm anxious to get hold of something similar, cheap and cheerful asap and there are a number of garages offering automatic Micra's, 96 -98 seem affordable enough. Only thing is, I'm hoping to find someone who can collect the old banger and maybe give me a few quid for it as well. That said, I haven't a clue if its worth anything at all at this stage. Any ideas would be gratefully received. I'm in the Dublin area, working in Blackrock and I think I'll be leaving the car there! Thanks guys. T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

As of now, you'll have to pay a scrapyard to take it off your hands, but I believe that as of January there will be an incentive to scrap your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Teamhair wrote:
    Hiya, I've a 93 Nissan Micra, automatic, a little bit battered and I suspect its developing a problem with its transmission. At any rate, the shifting gears were a bit erratic this morning and I was a bit freaked it wasn't going to get me to work. I really thought it was going to stop dead in the road! I'm anxious to get hold of something similar, cheap and cheerful asap and there are a number of garages offering automatic Micra's, 96 -98 seem affordable enough. Only thing is, I'm hoping to find someone who can collect the old banger and maybe give me a few quid for it as well. That said, I haven't a clue if its worth anything at all at this stage. Any ideas would be gratefully received. I'm in the Dublin area, working in Blackrock and I think I'll be leaving the car there! Thanks guys. T

You could try sticking it in the Buy and Sell or adversts.ie for a little while. Give a quick outline of the general condition and see what kind of response you get. Someone may be looking for a donor car for parts. You may get a couple of hundred notes for it. Might be worth a shot before paying a scrap yard to take it off your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Thanks for the advice- I've placed an ad with both of those so fingers crossed. I'm sure there are parts there that can be of use to someone. If I don't get anything back from those I'd be happy for someone to just come and take it away for free!

Advertisement