Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL TV options outside of Sky

• 04-10-2006 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Now that NASN seems to have dropped their NFL highlight shows completely,
    anyone know what are the options other than Sky?

I'm looking for some decent highlight/analysis shows and it seems that all that Channel 5 does is show 1 full unedited game (Monday night, with Sun night to follow).

ITunes do a great deal with the NFL giving a weekly 90 minute review NFL Network show for $1.99 a show or $19.99 for the season but it doesnt seem to be available in the Irish Itunes store (curses!) They also deliver a 10-15minute highlight of your chosen team's game that week (for another $1.99).

Yahoo allow streaming outside of the US of the games that Sky doesnt show but they are expensive and again no highlights - just full unedited.

Sky is my only option isnt it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I used the Yahoo streaming/NFL Gamepass this weekend for the first time, I thought it was great. Like you said, it's expensive ($25 per gameweek or $250 for the season) but worth it to see the occassional big game live (I was using it to watch Pats-Bengals so it worked out well). It's a good way to kill a Sunday evening too, as you can switch from game to game whenever you want; added bonus is getting the American commentary.

I think they can show games that are on Sky, the website says the Sky restrictions only apply to the UK, nothing about Ireland.

If you're just looking for game highlights, is there anything on the NFL website, they usually put up videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

would the money you pay for yahoo not be enough to afford sky digital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

No, it was Manny7 not me who bought the Yhaoo week.

With 3 kids under the age of 4, subscribing to Sky would be a waste of money at the moment with very little time to watch TV. All I'm looking for is some sort of weekly 90 minute highlight show from around the league, like 'Blitz' on Channel 4 years ago.

Thanks for all the input lads.

The tvuplayer looks very interesting for ESPN but hardly legal is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

would the money you pay for yahoo not be enough to afford sky digital?

Maybe, I don't know how much Sky sports is. Although the gamepass works out at eur200 for the season which I don't think is bad, esp with US analysis instead of the Sky guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

true. But with sky sports you get loads of sports. I suppose if its just NFL you like it probaly would be a waste.

I'd be lost without skysports though.

Sky Sports costs an extra €30 on top of a basic subscriptions, which is an extra €360 per year. Yahoo works out as much better value if all you want is NFL but expensive otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Akalanka

With 3 kids under the age of 4, subscribing to Sky would be a waste of money

With 3 kids under the age of 4 Sky Sports is exactly what you need. Get out of the bedroom man and watch some TV. :D

LOL !!!

The 3 of them keep me out the bedroom anyway!

Still havent found a good non-sky solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Have to say I paid yahoo the $250 as i want to watch all the Patriot games live good value. As TVU player is based on the mid-west in US it rarely has Pats on it and Sky's Schedule is crap. So low and behold Yahoo it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

RuggieBear wrote:
    Recommend this. Has CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN. Based in San Francisco but they're only one game a week

Advertisement