Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering money to Australia

Options
  • 04-10-2006 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to transfer money into an australian bank account, and how much the fee's for the transfer would be?

Somewhere in the region of 50-100k

Thanks
    Peeko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

I would be sure about that quantidy of cash but for 20K I found the best and cheapest way was to but it on the credit card and then draw down as you need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

I would need to take it all out at the same time though..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would go to your branch and enquire about a SWIFT payment, and how much it would cost, transfer limits etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

peeko wrote:
    I would need to take it all out at the same time though..

are u going to be there or here when u need the dosh as if u are there the CC will work, just go to a bank with ur PP.

I'll actually be here ircoha, I'll try what you suggested buffybot, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

this question comes up all the time on the following forum:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

It's basically a forum discussing emigrating to Oz. I know it has been discussed from an Irish perspective on the following thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362576&highlight=irish

thanks Dave great link

Advertisement