Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids toys, what to do with them?

Options
  • 04-10-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

My son is just 2 1/2 this month and he has tons of toys. We have 4 crates of about 80% of them and the other 20% are bigger toys. Now I really want to get rid of some of them because there's so many, but I think he would miss them, but I know it's just me been sentimental about them because they're are my sons toys.

What would you do? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

Have tons of toys in my attic but did give a lot of them to the local SVdP before last Christmas as they have tons of them. Also gave some to my MIL who minds my nephew for him to play with at her house. Also gave some away to our creche but still have loads more. I kept some of the teddies because I liked them rather than the kids but you can't be sentimental about everything our the house will be full of clutter. Try putting some tioys way in the attic as too much toys will overwhelm and try to give away any he has outgrown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

My baby is just over 1yrs old. Has tonnes of toys and clothes as he has two older cousins that hand things down and loads of family and friends that buy him toys all the time.

Ones that he has outgrown or stopped playing with and are still in good condition, usually get put in a bag, when them charity bags come around the doors, i usually put them in them, if not bring them down to the local charity shop. Some one who has no money to splash out on these things will be more than happy to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The paediatric units in hospitals will often take toys that can be wiped such as plastic and not fluffy toys.

Maybe contact your local women's refuge as some women and children may have fled their home with very little and the children may not have toys of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

I had this problem, had loads of handdowns and presents, sometimes when a child has too many toys they don't appreciate what they have or get the benefit from them so what I did was get rid of the gimmicky ones such as the mini oven( a total waste off money) the lollipop maker etc.
    My husband installed an attic ladder and now I rotate the toys approx every 3 months basically packing away the majority of the toys and leaving out 5 or 6 things. Then they get to play with them and in 3 months time when they've had enough, rotate and they get great pleasure out of stuff that they have forgotten about!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I do the same as wexhun but you could always give some to a local charity shop or refuge.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Charity bags , charity bags, charity bags.

We usually put stuff out in the Enable Ireland and Concern bags and this keeps the level under control. We ignore the other ones which seem to be vague to the point of scamminess...

Advertisement