Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGonagles compilation

• 04-10-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Attention all thirtysomethings!!!
    I was sitting in traffic the other day, bored out of my nut (and listening to Master of Puppets) when I got a major Mcgonagles flashback. So I thought, why not make up a METALBASH (remember the name??) compilation CD.
    I think I have most of the usual suspects covered like Surf Nicaragua,I Saw your Mommy,Inner Self etc, but don't want to leave anything out.
    So cast your addled minds back about 15 years and even if the song seems obvious add to the thread and maybe we can have some skit with this!!!
    I'm sure some of you have some interesting tales too if you want to share them.
    Cheers!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sticking to McGonagles gigs you will need

Xentrix - Crimes
    D.R.I. - Suit And Tie Guy
    Death - Pull The Plug
    Acid Reign - Humanoia
    Massacre - Corpsegrinder
    Gang Green - Let's Drink Some Beer
    Meliah Rage - Beginning Of The End
    Slammer - Hellbound
    Sabbat - Horned Is The Hunter

and you'll also need some of the Irish stuff: Predator, Moral Crusade, Last Rites, etc ;)

Once you've got Surf Nicaragua the disco is covered :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thought it was called the "Thrash Bash" myself???

Most of memories are of getting pi**ed in Merrion Square with the park keeper in pursuit.Then going to Mcgonagles and getting kicked to bits in the mosh(real moshes--not these girly moshes you get nowadays :) )
    Then trying my best to get into the late one that started after the earlier one and failing miserably every Friday.
    Then the obligatory fight with the "townies" outside the apartments on the way back to the bus stop on Westmoreland street.

Ahhhh those were the days.

Anyway from what I remember of music:

Metallica--Seek and Destroy.
    DRI--Anything really.
    Testament--Souls of Black(if memory serves me)
    Exodus-Toxic Waltz
    Scared Reich--Surf Nicaragua or anything else.
    Anything by Suicidal Tendencies but I saw your Mommy sticks out for some reason.
    Anything by Death really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Overkill - **** you
    Suicidal Tendencies - Possessed to skate
    Death Angel - The ultraviolence
    Cro Mags - we gotta know
    Sick of it all - that famous one - forget title
    Kreator- People of the lie
    Sodom - Remember the fallen
    Voivod- Tribal convictions
    Testament - over the wall
    Anthrax - Caught in a mosh
    Slayer- Raining Blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Getting some liquid gold here folks. Keep em coming. I was trying to think of the name of that CRO MAGS song for ages.
    All the same wasn't it brutal the way the Metal Bash just fizzed out from a weekly thing to a monthy thing and then every once in a while.. $hite...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hellrazer wrote:
    Thought it was called the "Thrash Bash" myself???

Most of memories are of getting pi**ed in Merrion Square with the park keeper in pursuit.Then going to Mcgonagles and getting kicked to bits in the mosh(real moshes--not these girly moshes you get nowadays :) )
    Then trying my best to get into the late one that started after the earlier one and failing miserably every Friday.
    Then the obligatory fight with the "townies" outside the apartments on the way back to the bus stop on Westmoreland street.

Ahhhh those were the days.

Anyway from what I remember of music:

Metallica--Seek and Destroy.
    DRI--Anything really.
    Testament--Souls of Black(if memory serves me)
    Exodus-Toxic Waltz
    Scared Reich--Surf Nicaragua or anything else.
    Anything by Suicidal Tendencies but I saw your Mommy sticks out for some reason.
    Anything by Death really.

I was apunk at the time,there werent too many of us who drank in merrion square..stepehns green was far nearer.In merrion square we used to hide in teh bushes till the keeper had locked up the park then emerge and wreak havoc till the cops chucked us out.Aah great days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement