Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collymore returns (possibly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

loyatemu wrote:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1887286,00.html

maybe MON will bring him back to Villa, or perhaps Keano would be interested in pairing him with Dwight Yorke at Sunderland? the possibilities are endless...

only if they are dosed up to their nostrils on crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

there is a humour forum you know:rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What a joke. Maybe he could start with 'The Match' on Sky One on Sunday. He hasn't played in nearly 6 years, he must be mad.

edit:// "I know I can still be among the best."

Yup, he's stone cold crazy. That said, the registration for Team Boards hasn't completely finished...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    registration for Team Boards hasn't completely finished...

:D:D:D

Why would we want Collywobbles feckin things up now :D:D:D

Savman wrote:
    :D:D:D

Why would we want Collywobbles feckin things up now :D:D:D

Think of the publicity though! We could get a reality show on Bravo or Sky Two for it! And Des could still leave him on the bench.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1887286,00.html

maybe MON will bring him back to Villa, or perhaps Keano would be interested in pairing him with Dwight Yorke at Sunderland? the possibilities are endless...
    Actually the possibilities end there. He's 35 ffs!

Collymore for Villa? ROFL! MON can raise the dead but even he wouldn't touch Stan in a million years. And as for joining Sunderland? More chance of Keano getting togged out himself.

Colly's a mad yoke, always has been (has-been geddit? :o ) and biggest waste of talent since Gazza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    That said, the registration for Team Boards hasn't completely finished...
    I have no comment to make on this speculation.

Although, I will say this, I have been approached by an agent of an unspecified 'big-name' player (Who may or may not have been Stanley Victor), but he also offered me a bung of a set of bibs and ten cones for training purposes. I told him to get out of my office right away, that we'd only be interested in young up and coming talent. The bibs and cones I'd take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think the angle he's trying to use is that the transfer window is closed till January, so a club short on strikers wont have an option to buy one, so up pops stan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He was never one of the best to start with, that and it looks like he's gained 4 stone.

3 weeks training in Spain, yeah right, 3 weeks drinking and battering folk, making the front page more often than the back page.

I still can't believe Villa took him for 7mil

// Bitter Liverpool Fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is it true that he fcuked then manager Roy Evans daughter and then bragged about it in his book?
    By the way I reckon he'll end up at Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah I guess the whole film career didn't work out for him.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He'd still be considered a rookie at Bolton.

Yep, true pigman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

he must have run out of money. waster.

maybe forest will have him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

el rabitos wrote:
    he must have run out of money. waster.

maybe forest will have him back

I dont think even Nottingham Forest are that desperate

unless you meant just dumping him in a forest and leaving him to fend for himself...might be a better idea!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A15882410?s_fromedit=1

^^ one of the writers over on bbc picked him apart pretty handily here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Speaking of The Match, has anyone seen Bosnich on it? Oh my god, my granfather is in better shape. All hes missing is the Hawaiian shirt and hes the ultimate big fat party animal.

Imagine the shame of being on the celebrities team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Things really will have gone to the dogs if he gets a club again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Speaking of The Match, has anyone seen Bosnich on it? Oh my god, my granfather is in better shape. All hes missing is the Hawaiian shirt and hes the ultimate big fat party animal.

Imagine the shame of being on the celebrities team.

i know,he`s got a jim belushi look about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

county wrote:
    i know,he`s got a jim belushi look about him

hahaah jim belushi/cheech marin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ruu wrote:
    Ah I guess the whole film career didn't work out for him.:)
    Ah it's a shame, Basic Instinct 2 was Oscar material :o

I almost hope he does come back, it'd be pretty funny. I mean, he's gonna make an ass out of himself. Which, from reading those God-complex comments, he probably deserves :)

zabbo wrote:
    I still can't believe Villa took him for 7mil

We don't like to talk about that...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I suppose the goals he scored for 'pool against Newcastle in the 4-3's count for seet FA?

Personally I thought Collymore at his peak was one of the best striker's in the league. Not saying I want him to come back or anything but let's not forget how good he once was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

That guy had so much talent fúcking talent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Biggest waste of talent EVER!

[edit] well, since gazza[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

My wasters 11

Keith O'Neill
    Collymore
    Brolin
    Lee Sharpe

Gazza
    Dyer

Branca
    Duberry
    Babb
    Bogarde

Bosnich

Subs
    Asprilla
    Ronaldo

Manager
    Sven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Thats a rather successful manager you picked there but judging by your team English football is your only frame of reference so its understandable

Poor Keith O'Neill. Surely his injuries don't make him a waster? More unlucky I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Xavi6 wrote:
    Poor Keith O'Neill. Surely his injuries don't make him a waster? More unlucky I'd say.

i'd agree completly - although he cost us qualification to 1998 WC by letting macedonia score in the last minute, when we drew one all.

Call_me_al wrote:
    i'd agree completly - although he cost us qualification to 1998 WC by letting macedonia score in the last minute, when we drew one all.

Ah now that's a bit harsh as well. There were 11 players (plus subs) who 'Had A Macedonia', not just O'Neill.

Xavi6 wrote:

it was a toss up between him and Mark Kennedy -- i always thought O'Neil had talent , but let this talent go to waste -- but maybe Kennedy would be a better pick ;)

• Advertisement

Ronaldo can hardly be called a waster. He has a bag of medals and has only missed large parts of his career because of injury. You cant blame him on his knees giving in. Plus after the 2nd time he collapsed riught after his return and was immediatly rules out for another year, everyone immediatly said thats the end of him and he'll never play again. The guy came back as strong as ever. Truth be told he's made a great carrer despite so major adversity.

Stekelly wrote:
    Ronaldo can hardly be called a waster. He has a bag of medals and has only missed large parts of his career because of injury. You cant blame him on his knees giving in. Plus after the 2nd time he collapsed riught after his return and was immediatly rules out for another year, everyone immediatly said thats the end of him and he'll never play again. The guy came back as strong as ever. Truth be told he's made a great carrer despite so major adversity.

Given the rest of the players he's listed, it could well be Cristiano Ronaldo...

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Given the rest of the players he's listed, it could well be Cristiano Ronaldo...

I was actually going to stick that on the end for a laugh. :)

Is teh Macedonia game above the one where McAteer tried to kick the guys head off with a karate kick? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Wouldn't know where to start with the EL list of wasters !!

thebaz wrote:
    Asprilla
    Ronaldo

Asprilla was a super player for the barcodes and I can only hope it's not the Ronaldo you're referring to (ie Brazilian world cup winner and all time leading world cup competition scorer)

thebaz wrote:
    Wouldn't know where to start with the EL list of wasters !!

Yeah I'm fairly sure you wouldn't alright...

• Advertisement

Quote from the article in original post...

"A month from today I guarantee I will be able to stand side by side with any striker in the country and my physique will be up there with any of them,"

Yeah, right.

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2006/12/16/collymores-tv-role-confirmed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Quote from the article in original post...

"A month from today I guarantee I will be able to stand side by side with any striker in the country and my physique will be up there with any of them,"

Yeah, right.

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2006/12/16/collymores-tv-role-confirmed/

What a truly awful idea for a show.

psi wrote:
    What a truly awful idea for a show.

Almost as bad as Stan's idea of a comeback, yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anyone who thinks Collymore was poor for Liverpool has a bad memory.
    His record was a goal in every two games (28 goals in 57 games). When he started games alongside Robbie Fowler they averaged more than a goal per game between them. Not bad at all.

Collymore was hugely talented, but obviously a headcase. To get the very best out of him you would have had to treat him as a special case - something Evans and Liverpool FC never did, albeit the fans did their very best.

Advertisement