Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German Army Jackets

• 04-10-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know where people are getting these things? Ive seen some dudes around college wearing these awesome german army surplus jackets ,they are short and really fitted and look pretty cool. I went to an army surplus store and bought what I thought was one but it was huge.(it was a jacket not the parka version which is worse still!) Im a small guy and it looks ridiculous, Id love to know where to get this one though! thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

millets used to sell them not sure if they still do,it is worth a look though

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Are they the ones that we all wore to school in the early 90's? Or are they the parkas you mean? I mean EVERYONE used to have one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Loss Leader

well this sounds crazy but Ive narrowed them down to like 4 different versions (so far) there is the parka that is too big , the jacket which is too long, the shirt which is too skimpy and the one I actually *want* which is alot like the jacket ,but shorter and fitted. I have no problem finding the other three but so help me I cant find this!

also where is millets? Im from beyond the pale but have good opportunity to be in Dublin/Cork from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

why dont you just ask those guys where they got the jackets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Lmao! hah some classy [SIZE=-1]gestapo jackets there :p.[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Drugness

I think you can pick them up in the small market in the Grafton Mall in Dublin city, that is if it is the plain german army green jackets u are after. Last time i was there, they had loads of them, sorta small summer jackets with the german flag on the arm. Cool gear alright, i've seen more people wearing the more modern german army jackets these days, camouflaged examples in the 'Flecktarn' pattern :) They are big around Europe also, especially in their home country.

Good luck with the hunting, if all else fails try ebay. They usually have plenty of them going for good prices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

jasus man i wouldnt advise strolling through Dublin in a nazi uniform lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Army styled clothing is pretty "in" afaik this year, maybe they are picking up mock army jackets in topman or next or somesuch?

I think if you can't find a jacket that looks good maybe you should try something else for the military look, like a jumper or a navy jacket or something that your not going to see on every second guy basically?

I've been meaning to go into the surplus shop in sligo when I'm home from college again for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

wouldnt wear one, up to you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're far too common these days, although most of the people I do see wearing them are the unwashed, greasy long haired male teenagers. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

George's street arcade? Coming from George's street, there is a clothes stall on the left. I haven't actually went in but think i've seen them hanging up.

Might be worth trying Army Bargains on (little mary street?) just off Capel Street or the Eager Beaver in crown alley.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Enda89 wrote:
    jasus man i wouldnt advise strolling through Dublin in a nazi uniform lol!!
    If there's one thing history's taught us is that the Nazis were a popular bunch, particularly in Germany between 1933 and 1945. It was like Beatlemania, only with more fascism and slightly less hysteria.

The original SS uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss hence they look smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah Georges street arcade have a load of them. I got one a couple of years ago and then realised it made me look really butch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Op, I think I know what you are looking for.

Assuming you are in Dub check the shop in temple bar beside pal joey's. Dont exactly know what it's called but its beside a piercing place also.

Maybe someone else knows the name of it.

I thought about buying one before but I saw a cool fitted ass length jacket in jack and jones a few months ago and bought that.

I dont mean to hijack this tread but if anyone can recommend somewhere for me to get a decent black duffle coat let me know. Ps. I hate topman and burton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Eagar Beaver is the shop I think you're talking about Wisesmurf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Theyre West German, not nazi, all surplus, you could buy them by the dozen in the early 90s, much like soviet tunics now only cheaper.

Millets is more of a camping shop now, they dont really do the surplus thing anymore, and most of the surplus shops from 10 years ago are gone or moved on to selling camping gear.

Advertisement