Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parkwest Stock sold at Merlin

Options
  • 04-10-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Was looking back for the thread on Parkwest Autopoint but couldn't dig it up, the 02 Carrera 4 went for €61,500, the 05 CLK200 went for €56,750 and the black 735i fetched €37,650. All other Auction results attached for anyone thats intereted, seems there are some bargains to be had judging by some of the sales!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

And these are the prices they went for?
    A 2001 Nissan Primera for 350 quid...holy f*ck
    A 2001 Audi A4 for 8.8K :cool:
    Some cracking deals there

Any more coming up? I could do with a car for the missus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Auctions are every Wednesday at 7pm and Saturday at 11am. All the details are on the website. http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=557
    I have not been out myself yet but am planning to head out soon, my own missus could do with a newer car and there seems to be some good deals there. Obviously its a gamble as all cars are sold as seen, but judging by some of the cases of clocking in dealerships buying any car these days can be a bit of a gamble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

there amazing deals in that excel price list.how do i find out if the car is still available.is that the total cost and how does merlin auctions work.
    has anyone bought from them and were there any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They're all sold. Auction work on the principle that the highest bidder wins, and they don't have any prices previous to auction. What you have on that list, is what they sold for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

They are the results for last month so are all sold, I'm sure many will be up on forecourts around the country by now at higher prices (and lower miles in some cases :rolleyes: )! There are charges involved, judging by the website around 5% ontop of the sale price as a buyers fee and an indemnity fee of €160. Some have a reserve, some dont but afaik you can ring up and get the reserve price/ check to see if a car is in stock before attending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I've bought all my cars at Merlin or Wilsons in Portadown for the last 6 or 7 years.

At Merlin I go for the finance repos, as that way you know why they are there, rather than getting a car that a dealer has taken as a trade in and then discovered it has some major problem, so he offloads it at auction.

At Wilsons I go for ones coming off 3 years lease from Motability, they often have very low mileage (20-30K) all have full dealer service history and are great value for money. Last one I ran for 18 months and sold it for more than I paid for it!

As with all auctions it's a cse of buyer beware, but I've got good ones so far, touch wood.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Do-more wrote:
    I've bought all my cars at Merlin or Wilsons in Portadown for the last 6 or 7 years.

At Merlin I go for the finance repos, as that way you know why they are there, rather than getting a car that a dealer has taken as a trade in and then discovered it has some major problem, so he offloads it at auction.

How can you tell that its a finance repo ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Longfield wrote:
    How can you tell that its a finance repo ?

There will be a sign on the window, "Finance car, no concessions" this to indicate to Trade buyers, as they don't pay the buyers fee on normal stock, but on finance cars they do.

BTW if you can't make it to the auction, once a car has been through the ring once and not sold, they will deal on it at any time. Sometimes (particularly with finance cars) the reserve might be high and they don't sell for weeks and weeks. Eventually the finance company will get fed up and may accept a much lower figure. (Once a car has been through once they will tell you what the reserve is on it, if you ask!)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Juan Pablo wrote:
    the black 735i fetched €37,650

Looks like I'll have to wait for another couple of years to get it for €10k so :)

Advertisement