Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the bleeding story????????(tbc thread)

Options
  • 04-10-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

went to game on my lunch to preorder and they said the release date is 1/12/07 thats right 07

then went to gamestop and they say release date hasnt been confirmed i thought it was the end of this month am i completely misinformed(a strong possibility) or wat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

They have never announced a release date other than "Q4 06". Im pretty sure theyre going to miss that as well seeing as closed beta doesnt seem to be in full swing yet.

Any release dates you see ANYWHERE are pure guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ok

but is it not already out in america??????
    and if it is what is the delay???
    dont wana second guess the experts or anything but surely the technology etc is exactly the same and if its working in america it should work in europe sounds like they are just trying to get as much out of wow as possible in terms of subs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's not out in the US yet... and there's no confirmed release date. Places like Game and Gamestop need to have a placeholder release date so they can take pre-orders, so that was probably the date you were given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Where did you go - could that date be American? as in 12th Jan?

could be that would make more sense

in a way im happy coz it gives me more time to get to 60 but i was looking forward to a new experience soon and now i have to wait grrrrrrrr

i dont know if im a fan to this huge build up way of releasing things it was prob close to december last year when we first heard of the expansion...........

awwwww well as long as its worth the wait

it was game that gave me that date by the way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its not out yet, and i'd be very surprised if it is released this year. They want it out for christmas, but since the beta isnt even sorted yet, i can't see it happening.

loads of time to level so maybe even get another character up to the high levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Most places have it listed as about November for release but tbh I'd guess its gonna be late for christmas and will be held back till Feb. I'd be more worried if they hit the christmas period seeing as its still in alpha right now and it will take a couple of weeks to get the disc's burned and boxes made up. They really would be rushing it out the door as a result.

They will not dare stagger release between US and Europe, unless of course they want to give Death and Taxes a head start :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd be very surprised if they miss Christmas. With the beta opening soon I don't think it's going to take 4 months to test (for those suggesting Feb)considering the proportion of the changes that are essentially content changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

just to let you's now i work in game retail myself & i've 2 dates neither confirmed first is late oct/early nov & the second is 27th jan but as i've already said neither are confirmed. but the release of the trial discs [world of warcraft & not burning crusade] for me suggests sooner than later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

IGN normally don't post release dates unless they're sure but they have it down as 1st of November in Europe and 15th of November in the US.I suppose we can take it with a grain of salt untill Blizz announces something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I bet they get it out for Christmas release, bugs or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's not really Blizz' style though. They don't announce dates as they usually delay a release until something is ready, and iron out as many problems/bugs as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

koneko wrote:
    That's not really Blizz' style though. They don't announce dates as they usually delay a release until something is ready, and iron out as many problems/bugs as they can.

Lol, Blizz can't even deliver a minor patch that works as intended without a new hot patch once a week for 2-3 weeks to iron out the wrinkles which leave entire servers unplayable.................and they get away with it because they have a monopoly on the market and can treat us like shíte without fear of any repurcussions..............as such they could get away with delivering a bug ridden POS TBC launch that they can fix over time.......

Hope they don't, but I would put nothing past Blizz.

Any company in any other sector that delivered such truly inept levels of customer satisfaction and customer service would have gone out of business long ago, but due to the nature of the clientelle and the industry they can instead search for ever greater levels of incompetence to unleash upon their subscriber base.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Actually, Blizzard have a very good reputation with releasing fully working games. They are quite happy to delay a game, to make sure its playable, which is the way it should be. Theres not much worse then having an extremely buggy game.

Yet they deliver extremely buggy patches over and over again.......that render the game unplayable for extended periods, whether you have a lagfest constantly or lag spikes as you engage Nef or C'Thun which render raiding effectively impossible for weeks at a time, while constantly trying to deflect blame onto every ISP in Europe.........etc etc etc etc

They may deliver Games that work, but is TBC a game, or really a very very big patch? and as such will it effect their attitude towards it's release, seeing as it will be effectively the same captive audience that tolerates this crap already that they will be selling it too?

Lol, Blizz can't even deliver a minor patch that works as intended without a new hot patch once a week for 2-3 weeks to iron out the wrinkles which leave entire servers unplayable.................and they get away with it because they have a monopoly on the market and can treat us like shíte without fear of any repurcussions..............as such they could get away with delivering a bug ridden POS TBC launch that they can fix over time.......

Hope they don't, but I would put nothing past Blizz.

Any company in any other sector that delivered such truly inept levels of customer satisfaction and customer service would have gone out of business long ago, but due to the nature of the clientelle and the industry they can instead search for ever greater levels of incompetence to unleash upon their subscriber base.

thats such crap im sure there are alot of ppl who have had bad experiences with blizz but the majority clearly dont(7million ppl if you believe the hype) the company i work for (and im in customer service) has about 500thousand customers and an excellent customer service record but there are still always complaints and always letters coming in telling us how crap we are.

so look at it like this they have 7million no matter how small a % of complaints they have it is a big number

it is the complainers that talk to people( on average they will tell 9 ppl of their bad experience but the nature of game as you say allows them to get their problem across to a much wider audience) and tell them how bad the company is so that is what gives the impression of bad customer service and a buggy game or whatever the problem is.

i have never experienced a bug(and the only person i know who has was doing the onyxia quest which is apparently bugged to **** and that was the only bug he has encountered) i have also (in two years of playing) only ever been queued once to get onto the server and that was for 60secs. iv sent one ticket and got a response within the hour

im probably drifting of the subject but i find it hilarious that you moan about some bugs or even alot of bugs when relatively speaking they are such a small thing

another statistic is that for every thousand lines of code there are 10/100(cant remember which) mistakes no matter what program you look at so blizz dosnt have the monopoly on bugs either

i hate to sound like im defending them so much but im in work and im bored

On our server, all the major raiding Guilds have lost out on 5-6 weeks or so of raiding this year due to lag issues caused by errors at Blizz's end. They constantly refuse to take responsibility for these issues usually trying to deflect blame onto your isp, but when you are talking about 10 or more large endgame raiding Guilds on Alliance side collectively using probably just about every major ISP in europe you must conclude the problems are blizzard's.

The game itself works fine, but after most patches 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 especially bad we have experienced weeks of unplayability with lag spikes ruining the raiding experience.

We receive no recompense for this time, with Blizz's policy of only refunding days when the server is unavailable, not the many days endgame raiding is impossible due to their incompetence.

i completely understand how annoying that is for you but end game raiding is a relativley small portion of the game but i would say takes up the majority of the time i agree that your problem sounds unacceptable and unnesesary but my server hasnt experienced anything like that and i just dont think its correct to make such huge sweeping statements about how crap they are when if it was me instead of complaining id just stop giving them money

id also say though that the people complaining about the end game content were probably the very people hassling them to get the new content out there so either way they lose

The problem is they have a monopoly by way of having the only decent MMORPG, and when you have invested a year or more in building up a character resplendent in head to toe Epix from BWL and beyond, you don't really have much of an option but to take it on the chin or quit, and personally speaking the tenner a month I throw in their direction really is inconsequential in the grand sceme of my life so I will continue to pay....that however does not justify the level of incompetence they exhibit. I work for one of the worlds largest corporations and if the people in here delivered service at the same level as Blizz, the place would fall apart......

• Advertisement

thats what im saying though they dont show that level of incompetence like i said i work for a large international company with half a million irish customers and again if we were as bad as the odd person said we were then we would cease to exist but we arent it is the same a blizzard there will always be people who think they are crap but if they were they wouldnt have in game customer service or anything near it

people in big corporations suprisingly enough dont have the attitude that **** the customer they will pay us anyway they do try and provide as good a service as possible but on the scale they deal with it and your company deals with and mine there will always be a large number of complaints

True, but my point is that 80 out of 80 members of my Guild think Blizz suck at Customer Service and problem resolution, and at times provide a level of service which results in our server being unplayable for long periods (I define long as more than a day or 2 and up to 2 weeks sometimes in our case).

This is the general view of almost everyone I talk to on our server, so in Blizzs case this is not a few disgruntled people, but a large customer base which has been forced to accept lousy service or quit playing.

yes but like you say that is one server so there is another completley perfect(maybe) server that counters that experience not saying that thats how it should be seen in professional terms but it is true nonetheless

either way im almost finished "work" so im not going to defend them any more if it is that bad on your server there are ways of moving but i understand it probably isnt feasible to move a whole guild

anyway TBC bring it on im sure ill get lucky again and the bugs wont affect me if not ill be right behind you on the phone holding queue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

1 server or 1 guild does not represent general opinion though. What was the figure they quoted, 7 million subscribers? If that's true, then the moaning people are really a minority.

Don't know about what's going on on your server, might be because it's high-pop or something, I've had no probs on any of the servers I play on so I couldn't comment on that. If it is as bad as you say then that sounds crappy, but I guess all you could do is all mail Blizz and ask if your guild can be transferred to another server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Looks like TBC will be coming out very shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Deaddude wrote:
    Looks like TBC will be coming out very shortly

hurah,hopefully I'll be able to get a CE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Actually I saw an intresting article about the avilability of the CE. It sounds like rubbish, but if you want you can take a look :)

Advertisement