Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS guidance much needed!

Options
  • 04-10-2006 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Applying to ucas this year, deadline oct. 15. There's a few parts to the online appication that I need help with. Our guideance concellor is a waste of space and I need some advice on how to fill it out, it's not so much the personal statement etc, it's just small things on the application form. Anyone know of any online guides, especially those relative to Irish students, that exoplein step-by-step how to do it?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Alternatively, can anyone answer following questions:
    1 Do you enter your BMAT number in the ucas application?
    2 Do you enter ALL your predicted grades in the Reference section, not just the grade predicted from the subject your referee teaches? If yes, whta detialis need to be piut in here: teacher naame, subject level etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

There are loads of subjects on this here. Use the search function or Google.

Thanks Ladylott, couldn't find the answer to my specific questions though on this site or google, anyone else able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

jaydigity wrote:
    Alternatively, can anyone answer following questions:
    1 Do you enter your BMAT number in the ucas application?
    2 Do you enter ALL your predicted grades in the Reference section, not just the grade predicted from the subject your referee teaches? If yes, whta detialis need to be piut in here: teacher naame, subject level etc?

1 Yes.
    2 Yes. Ideally the referee should be someone like your principal, dean, year head or whatever you have in your school - i.e. someone who can speak with reasonable authority on all of your subjects. In the Reference section, you only need to mention the predicted grades for each subject, as you've already explained the levels etc in the Qualifications section.

Thanks Kwekubo, Where is BMAT number entered, cant find any where to put it, really appreciate this!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Is the BMAT exam hard?

I haven't sat it yet, but sample papers are deadly. Are you doing all the sciences? I'm not doing physics or honours maths and it's a major disadvantage.
    All questions are to GCSE standard (a bit above our junior cert), but even people in Britain find the BMATs deadly. Look up the website to see the papers if you're interested
    Anyone done any BMAT prep courses btw, are they a waste of time -yeigh or neigh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dan1989

I'm also doing ucas.
    You only fill in your junior cert results. you do NOT fill in your leaving results because you haven't done the test yet.
    Don't do the Bmat. and dont fill in the BTEC number because thats a scottish thing.
    The leaving cert is only worth 2/3 of the A-Levels.
    What are you hoping to do and where?
    Good luck.

Hey Dan I'm going for Veterinary in Bristol and Cambridge, you? Just hope its worth all the hassle!

Advertisement