Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly Activity Drives Family From Home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

sinus wrote:
    yeah the o tooles and fahys freaking them out!!!

Ooooh! Burn!!!

Bucket of ice to table three please!

but yes.. you are right! I ate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sinus wrote:
    yeah the o tooles and fahys freaking them out!!!

reported to fahy

medium_rowson512.jpg

dead man walkin!

danniemcq wrote:
    dead man walkin!

So true... He's quite ferocious. But not in that grizzly bear cute kinda way, I mean in the scary, eat your spleen for Sunday lunch sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

he looks like a big softy now. hair and no facial hair. he's like a normal person!

danniemcq wrote:
    he's like a normal person!

Maybe so!

But we'll always know that he's a dangerous chap in mechanics clothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Where's this place in Oranmore? Doesn't ring any bells, although I'm sure I'd recognise it if I saw it straight away but nonethless I've not heard anything about a haunted house in our very own locale.

In other news, Mandy narrowing avoiding causing several car accidents in my estate, galloping wildly around the place, something keeps luring her down this way

HavoK wrote:
    something keeps luring her down this way

The stench of Rachel's supple flesh. Mandy has a hunger... and the only cure is either a beating... or your sister's intestines.

Also, How can you not know the haunted house in O-Side? It's up the coast road, bricked up windows, overgrown garden... kinda hard to miss. It would be across the road of the entrance to Doughuisce.

Beeeeeeaaaaaanyyyyyy...... (I'm possessed) Seeeeennnnnd moooooore coooooopssssss.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DeeLeeDee

Heya,
    I used live in that area in Rahoon for couple of years, it is definately active. The west end of Rahoon has two graveyards, one which is new and another which is old and dilapidated that has been partly built over (I'm sure more than is obvious) in the area near Corrach Bui. I lived in a house in Bun Caise which is next to Corrach Bui and overlooks the graveyard. The back bedroom in the house had a very eerie feeling to it, even a skeptical freind of mine that stayed there said it felt like someone had 'just left'. Friends of mine used to stay in there and were a couple of times woken at the exact same time with the feeling that there was someone in the room. It happened to my boyfriend and I too. I lived in a house in Glen Dara to which is just across the road where one morning I heard the hangers in the wardrobe scraping over and back... So yeah, I believe these people, plus those gaffs are alright, I doubt it was a scam to get rehomed.

Happy Thursday,

DeeLee:eek:

Hang on... They had 9 kids in a house that size?!
    They seriously needed rehoming.
    Nice one Galway Co. Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

DeeLeeDee wrote:
    Hang on... They had 9 kids in a house that size?!
    They seriously needed rehoming.

NO,they seriously need to use contraception!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Friend of mine said this was real. Quite near the graveyard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

This thread was a year old....and the post that was added by DeeLeeDee didn't really make much sense..

Why not?
    I was just varifying that the location is real and that the area is active,
    whats the problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

It's a thread that hadn't been posted in for nearly a year! I think that shows the level of interest people had in it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

that was completely demolished and rebuilt... and they even got a bishop in to exorcise what ever spirit was there on the site...

It's said an abortionist worked there and all the "scraps" were thrown out to sea at that point opposite the EYE cinema.

About the House at Rahoon, I am eager to see whether there's still activity there. People always imagine graveyards to be haunted. Spirits supposedly dont hang around where their pysical remains lie..... but more where their family are or the place they were happiest. Most anomolies taken on film in graveyards are in many cases decomposition gasses rising from the soil and aren't visable to the naked eye but can be caught by the reflection of the flash from the camera.

In my opinion the trouble in this house could actually be from the history of the land....perhaps another house lay on the land before the graveyard or the building site.

You'll find (like the Enfield case in the UK) a large percentage of homes reporting poltergeistal activity actually have teenagers living in the house. The Enfield case is still not clear whether or not it was a hoax but nothing proves it's not. The theory behind it is that teenagers are going through puberty and that's an attraction to negative spirits in the sense that their personal energy is expelled at a higher rate and it intensely strong. You can also link it to the 'moving objects by thought' theory... in the case the concentrated energy......you could go on for hours. Derek Acorah's books explain it in great detail....The Psychic Adventures of Derek Acorah.

I myself haven't been to that house but I feel I could write endlessly on theories and findings if I had of gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Once you start mentioning Derek Acorah your sanity is put into question straight away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Heheh, well you see where I'm coming from? I look at the rationality before the spook.

Advertisement