Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rings under eyes

• 04-10-2006 3:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the past months I've developed rings under my eyes which make it look as if I have been up all night drinking or the likes before coming to work.

I spend 9 to 10 hours in front of a monitor each day which could be a problem, however I have been doing this for the past 8 years and don't understand what my eyes would suddenly start becoming ringed and tired looking.

I exercise regularly, would be pretty fit, drinking enough water, take vitamin tablets... and generally live a healthy life-style. I get about 7 hours sleep

Has anyone experience as to what may be causing these? I am planning on doing 3 or 4 days in a row of 10 hour sleep to sleep it this helps in any way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

*looks at bossarky's sig*

take off the mask?

on a serious note though i also get these quite regularly, do you eat regularly and include all daily portions? any vitamin deficiancies?

if it continues after your rest phase, i would seek medical guidance, it could be a simple deficiancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Get one of those eye creams, i dunno who makes em, nivea or someone.

I always find it funny when people say its girly to moisturise and what not, but your skin is an organ, you dont laugh at people who take care of their hearts.

Ok, rant over, but an eye cream is the way to go, just dont go as far as the culottes, then you know you have gone too far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Having rings under his eyes never did James Dean any harm.

Still though, there are lots of cosmetics and treatments and such aimed at this. Why not ask in Fashion / Appearance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hey! i have such rings... and i've been told it could be due to an allergy. now, i dont know whether to believe it or not, but most days i dont notice the rings, whereas others i just cant ignore them. i have only noticed one other person with the problem, so i'd say it doesnt happen often. see http://allergies.about.com/od/darkcircles/a/aa071304.htm or http://www.seasonsindia.com/Beauty/darkcircles_sea.htm for some info. hope thats helps ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Try rubbing Vaseline under your eyes before going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

If you're fair-skinned it may be genetic, and you can't do much about it. But you probably would have noticed them before, so perhaps you're just weary and laden with the problems of the world? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Sorry to be a downer, but if these came on slowly over a few months
    they are probably genetic and you are stuck with them without surgery.
    I have reddish hair/fair skin and mine developed when I was about 27
    which is common enough - your skin thins out as you get older and the
    eyes thin out the most. You could always wear makeup! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey I have these also but they are hereditary. I have recently purchased an absolutely excellent product off ebay recently called 'Hylexin'. Don't think it's available over here but it works by helping to reduce hemoglobin reducing the appearance of deep discoloration and red-blue pigmentation under the skin. Plenty of reviews on this product if you google it. Good luck!

Advertisement