Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye bye teeth!!!

• 04-10-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Ok i keep having this dream where my teeth are falling out and its dead scary!! :eek: Even when i waken up from it there is that split second where im convinced its actually happened and im in panic stations for about five minutes until I cop on that it was a dream!!

Iv heard from several peopl that this kind of dream is a very bad sign and is a sign of death ( im sceptical :rolleyes: ) but would like to know if many others have these dreams and if so do you believe it has any sign or implication of whats ahead??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What we dream is a product of our subconscious, as such I think the meaning of dreams is largely dependant on the dreamer. While your friend might subconsciously link loosing teeth with death (never heard that one myself), it might mean something entirely different for you.

My own thoughts on the teeth falling out dream (which is quite a common dream scenario -- check the forum for other posts on the subject -- and also one I've had myself a few times) is that it has something to do with a fear for your public image, what people think or will think about you.

The reasoning behind this is that your teeth and mouth are a large part of what people see when they look at you, and loosing your teeth is something that could actually happen, as oppose to your nose spontaneously falling off or similar. You look at someone with a few front teeth missing and you can't help but be [slightly] repulsed. I'd put the dream down to a subconscious fear of being unaccepted in social circles.

And if that makes no sense to you at all, then it's probably something else. Like I said, dreams can be very personal and mean something different for everyone.

It could be 'just a dream'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

cool cheers for the insight- think you could be right with that conclusion!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I also have this dream at times.
    I read a book on dreams and a possible interpretation for this dream is that you're afraid of losing something. I always thought that could be a logical explanation for having this dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had this dream very recently too. It felt as if my mouth was full of lost teeth. :(

When I woke up, I had to sit up and run my tounge around my mouth as I was sure it was real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Havent had this one in a while, but had it countless numbers of times, in different scenarios each time.

The public image is one Ive heard, being under stress at work or school/college is another, and another is that you are afriad to express yourself.

Whichever it is, it is strange that so many people have this one. Glad Ive not had it for so long as it is always a manky feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

ok, kinda off the wall i know but hear me out........... maybe you know you should see a dentist ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I thought it was generally accepted that dreams where your teeth were falling out or were otherwise being lost, had to do with financial concerns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I've never heard of it being specifically tied to financial worries, but rather that it is a general "anxiety dream".

Like Goodshape said, it all depends on the person having the dream and what they are experiencing in their life at the time, whether it be money troubles, boyfriend/girlfriend troubles, family problems, etc. Whatever the specific issue, the dream seems to signify the anxiety being felt by the dreamer.

Advertisement