Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Shopping - any good?

• 04-10-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hiya, need some info plz. Never been to limerick, passing thru next wend so going to stop off and do a bit of shopping. Any recommendations? I know there is a TK MAX there alrite - is it any good? Is there a zara and h&m??
    Cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Ok, I'll try my best to help you out.

You've got TK Maxx, yeah, but its about 10minutes of a drive outside the main city (traffic pending), so it might be hard to get there if you dont have access to a car, you probably couldnt walk from there to Cruises street in less than an hour or so.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no Zara in Limerick, there is a H&M, but again it is outside of the main city, and nowhere near TK Maxx (on the other side of town, in fact). It's in the Crescent Shopping Centre, there should be buses there every so often from Brown Thomas near the city centre, and you could walk there if you knew your away around, I've done it before , but it does take upwards of 3/4 of an hour :)

Cruises street in Limerick has a lot of womens shops though, as does Thomas Street next to it, theres Monsoon, Wallis, Next, Dorothy Perkins, Sasha, Brown Thomas that I can remember at the moment, but there are lots more when you arrive there !

Hope all goes well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Oh, and TK Maxx is great if you can get out there - just noticed that question. Very cheap, and has soooo much stuff. You could sepnd years in there inspecting every little thing, but you'll probably collapse of exhaustion after a while, and theres no cafe near it ! Well, theres on in Homebase right next door actually, but its very small...oh well.

Great shop anyway, well worth a look ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Thanx for that - i have access to a car alright but my BF is driving so i might be limited to what i can get too. Will hopefully get a chance at h&m first and then drive to TK MAX - i reckon it would be worth the spin out. Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

there is a zara in the crescent shopping centre as well as a h + m.there's also next, monsoon, mango, a-wear, mexx, tommy hilfiger, river island, vero moda, sasha and some others. a great place to shop.

i'd avoid the city centre, nothing really there besides what's in the crescent. when going from tk maxx to the crescent you also pass childers road which has next, wallis, dorothy perkins, dunnes

happy shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

There are some great shops in the city, HMV, Empire, Easons, O Mahoneys, Game... on a fashion front some of my favourites have to be FCUK, Chaps, Tubes, Tony Connolly, Ideniket (sp), Brown Thmas, Foot Locker....

As people say, 'everythings there' .. which is funny because more than half the shops listed above in my post and others have only opened in the past few years, which meant that they were lying!!!!

Ryanair are actually spearheading an idea/group (i dunno wht exactly), but there are talks to create Limerick as a european shopping destination, with 'shopping buses', a rail link is also being put in place for the parkway shopping area (a collection of shopping centres that all opened in the same area, but is outside the city) and buses run the the cresent shopping centre every 10 minutes (buses also stop at the parkway, but they are only every 15 minutes and are actually heading to the UL), but the plans are talking about a 'hop on, hop off' bus from either shannon or the city centre (not sure which), to run out to coonagh sc, then into Jetland sc, around the city, out to the crescent and around to the parkway area, then back through the city to coonagh (or the airport/ not sure)

• Advertisement
Advertisement