Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Service in Galway

Options
  • 04-10-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I recently ordered a bike from Mountain Trail Bike Shop in Galway, told it would be in the shop in a couple of days. Every couple of days I would phone to check on status only to be told it would be in tomrrow. It is now 4 weeks since I have ordered it and I was told today it would be at least another 3 weeks. He then tries and sells me a different bike. I can put up with a certain level of bad service but this was outrageous. I was going to drop about €500 in his shop.

Anyway does anyone know any bike shop in the west area that sell Trek bikes ? I know of Kearneys in Galway.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Mountain Trail Bike Shop has a reputation alright.
    I've been using Kearney's.
    Tom Walsh's or whatever it's called might be worth a look (next to the headstones place onroute to the Omniplex). However i've found them charging more than Kearney's for the exact same bike. They also seemed a bit snobby.
    First impressions last i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I ordered a trek roadbike on monday with kearneys as I found their help and advice excellent. I was told it should be in in a couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

I bought a trek 7200fx last year, from KM Cycles in longford. They had very steep discounts on trek bikes in stock (around 35-40% on RRP - I checked around).

It was definitely worth the trip from Galway. I'm not affiliated with them, just bought the bike and haven't had to go back since.

It might be worth ringing him to see if its the case this year - the ad is in the buy and sell anyway:

TREK - TREK - TREK - MASSIVE END OF SEASON SALE. BRAND NEW TREK 1000 - 1200 - 1400 - 1500 - 2000 ROAD BIKES ASS AT CLEARANCE PRICES. ASSORTED SIZES, BUT BE QUICK. PLEASE PHONE FOR PRICES. FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE. KM CYCLES, LONGFORD. TEL: (043)41656 OR (086)1006054

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Collected my bike at the weekend (Trek 1400). Great service and advice and got a good deal. Highly recommend Kearney's.

Advertisement