Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the cheapest you can get a k750i for in this country

• 04-10-2006 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

I've fallen in love with my brothers K750i phone and I now wanna get one myself. What network is the cheapest to buy it from. Somebody told me that o2 will have it for €149 soon on pay as you go has anyone heard this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dont know about o2 but meteor are doing one for 199. think thats the best you'll get without ordering on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Got a k750i yesterday. Has to be the best phone i have ever owned, never mind in this price range! Its not even worth your while trying to find it cheaper, just buy it. I know meteor hav it advertised on their site for 179 but this is the early model, sony have since upgraded some minor features (worth the extra 20 squids IMO). I have heard that other networks are going to introduce it but meteor is the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

o2 had on their website a few weeks ago for €149 Speakeasy, then it changed to Out of Stock and then it went altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I know meteor hav it advertised on their site for 179 but this is the early model, sony have since upgraded some minor features (worth the extra 20 squids IMO). I have heard that other networks are going to introduce it but meteor is the cheapest

What differences are there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

The k750i i was the first model then the w800i which has walkman features basically a nicer (not nesecarily better) walkman player.

The next one out is the w810i which has 850band which is useful if you want to use it in america. Also has d-pad instead of joystick which is good because there were problems with the joysticks in SE phones.

Next phone out is the k800i which has a 3mp camera and takes excellent quaility pics only problem is uses different memory where at the moment is only available up to 1gb wheras with the others you can get memory up to 4gb.

Theres also the w900i somewhere along the way which is a swivel model with all the other features and a larger screen.

Imo i'd go with the k750i i dont really think the others have that much to offer and its really nice looking as well. They can be bought pretty cheap online as well. I got a bashed up one for €40 and just changed the housing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got a k750i yesterday. Has to be the best phone i have ever owned, never mind in this price range! Its not even worth your while trying to find it cheaper, just buy it. I know meteor hav it advertised on their site for 179 but this is the early model, sony have since upgraded some minor features (worth the extra 20 squids IMO). I have heard that other networks are going to introduce it but meteor is the cheapest

What are you talking about? There's only one K750i with different firmwares. If anything, you're better off to get the Meteor one as I've never seen a Meteor branded Sony Ericsson. O2 do brand them, as do Vodafone, and that makes firmware updates trickier than necessary. Other models have replaced it, yes, but it's still a great phone. I paid over 300euro for mine 12 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The k750i i was the first model then the w800i which has walkman features basically a nicer (not nesecarily better) walkman player.

The next one out is the w810i which has 850band which is useful if you want to use it in america. Also has d-pad instead of joystick which is good because there were problems with the joysticks in SE phones.

Next phone out is the k800i which has a 3mp camera and takes excellent quaility pics only problem is uses different memory where at the moment is only available up to 1gb wheras with the others you can get memory up to 4gb.

Theres also the w900i somewhere along the way which is a swivel model with all the other features and a larger screen.

Imo i'd go with the k750i i dont really think the others have that much to offer and its really nice looking as well. They can be bought pretty cheap online as well. I got a bashed up one for €40 and just changed the housing

Im not sure if you were replying to me or not, but Im just talking about the k750i (from 2 different vendors).

Jimmneutron is saying theres some difference between the k750i in meteor stores & the one carphone warehouse are doing on the meteor network for €20 more, I was just wondering what those differences are? afaik theres nothing different other than the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As I said, barring firmware (which is freely updated from SE website) and the colour, there's no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

They are probably branded firmwares coming from the car phone warehouse it would probably be generic (origianl) firmware and meteor probably brand their stuff

Basically it means that they have their name everywhere in the phone menu's and things and have incorporated their services into the menus it doesnt make a huge difference really but can be a bit annoying. They also might have their logo on the phone.

The phones can be flashed easily enough with generic firmware anyway so its not a huge issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement