Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí at Uluru

• 04-10-2006 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows why there were a van load of Gardaí, some in boiler suits, going through the undergrowth with slash hooks etc around the Uluru car park this evening? There were 2 or 3 Gardaí on "sentry" duty too.. just walking around the car park.

Hopefully its nothing but its a very strange sight to see!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I saw that as well but don't know what it was all about

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

Apparantly the car of the missing girl was found there and so they were searching the area for any evidence to indicate where she is now, then again I also heard someone was attacked there too (unless its the same person). I'm sure the rumour mill will go into overdrive soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

there's a girl missing in Waterford? has it been on the news at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yeah, it was on wlrfm news, someone from Ballinakill but I don't know what age bracket the missing person is,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

36 years old, Blond Hair according to WLRfm this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

do ye know since when? any more info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

From WLRFM website -
    Gardai in Waterford are asking for the public's help in locating a 45 year old woman, who's been missing since Sunday. Margaret Walsh was last seen in the Ballinakill area. She is described as being 5'6" in height with blonde shoulder length hair, and wearing brown jeans, a brown V-neck jumper and brown boots. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Gardai at Waterford on 051-305316 or any Garda Station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

whoever read out the news this morning (07:30) definately said she was 36 unless they have updated their story since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I was on my way to the bus this mornig, i was running late so i deided to take the little path between Ardkeen village and the area eith the resturaunt ,barber and fruit and veg shop.When i go to the entrance to the path there was one strip of tape across the entrance with "crime scene " written on it.I wasnt sure if this was reall or if it was just some kidds messing, but i went up to the entrance near the hospitle anyway, just incase. Antway, on my way home i had forgotten about the corden and was going to go through the alley/path thingy when through my headphinse i hear "Hey!!" i look around and see an guard sitting in an unmarked car at the entrance to the path. She told me i wasnt allowed to go that way,having seen the tape that morning i didnt ask. So i went in by the hospitle entrance to the estate. When i got to the other end of the path i have to say i was dissappointed ,but not unsuprised when there turned out to be no guard on the estate side of the path. IS it just me or is it a little non sensicle to have a guard stopping people going in from one side but nobody stopping anyone from going in the other end?? this country is rediculouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Seems to be some concern about this woman's disappearance. It was on the 9 o'clock news tonight, and there's a story on the RTE website:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1005/walshm.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't like living in Waterford anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

C'mon, don't jump to conclusions. This woman could be missing for all sorts of reasons. First of all, she could have chosen to disappear - why, I'd have no idea, but some people choose that.

If not, and if it is a case of foul play, it could have been connected to some personal situation in her life. Something like this could happen absolutely anywhere in the country. Let's hope she turns up safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

Especially with the name you use!!!:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

fricatus wrote:
    C'mon, don't jump to conclusions. This woman could be missing for all sorts of reasons. First of all, she could have chosen to disappear - why, I'd have no idea, but some people choose that.

If not, and if it is a case of foul play, it could have been connected to some personal situation in her life. Something like this could happen absolutely anywhere in the country. Let's hope she turns up safe and well.

I agree lets hope she turns up safe and well.

Advertisement