Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dodgy lights on Seat

Options
  • 04-10-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I took a 1997 Seat Ibiza to the NCT today and it failed because of the lights.

When I turn on the sidelights the brake lights stay on at the back.

Also when I press the brake the right hand front headlight comes on.

Anybody know what could be causing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Check the bulbs in the rear lights - all of them. Make sure they all correct for the fitting/holder. Most likely the stop & tail bulb is wrong causing a backfeed through another light circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

thanks crosstownk you were spot on , the rear brake bulb was the wrong type

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Barr wrote:
    Also when I press the brake the right hand front headlight comes on.

Now that would have me rolling on the floor if I saw that.
    Kind of reminds of something I saw on the net where some lads did a bit of "rewiring" on there mates car. Everytime he put his foot on the brake pedal his horn went off. Must see if I can dig it up.Found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Now that would have me rolling on the floor if I saw that.
    Kind of reminds of something I saw on the net where some lads did a bit of "rewiring" on there mates car. Everytime he put his foot on the brake pedal his horn went off. Must see if I can dig it up.Found it

a bit of topic i know but how do u do dat:D

Advertisement