Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring extension socket for DSL ?

Options
  • 04-10-2006 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    My DSL line comes into my hallway, but I'd like to rewire it to another phone socket, I've tried 2pair of wire from the L1/L2 extension points in my master socket to my secondary socket, but dont seem to be getting anywhere. Does DSL need any additional wires ? It's CAT5 cable, and I've tried switching the pair around, but without any joy.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

centre 2 pins (of 4) on extension

upload pics of sockets at both ends and we'll sort it for ya, arrows are good too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

It's a new gaff, 2nd socket is wired up alright 2 middle pins, and that wire drops into my master socket, so I've hooked those two (blue & blue/white) up to my L1 & L2 at the master socket - but no joy. Switched them around then to check, but still nothing. Am I missing something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you ned to wire only the green/red pair of the actual phone sockets to the L1/L2 ( or i think for old-style eircoms its an orange/white pair ). Make sure all greens are on one wire, and all the reds are on another wire )

so, Eircom Line (Orange connected to reds and Orange/White connected to greens, for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Perfect ! Have it working - online through it now actually !

Thanks lads.

Tom

Advertisement