Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Or Bt Broadband

Options
  • 04-10-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I am still on dial up Eircom customer and would like to move to broadband but would like advise please on who to get it from stick with Eircom or move to BT's total package for €45?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I have BT and have had it since Dec 2003, they have been a great service to me. I'd think that they would be miles better than Eircom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

BT ...BUT, stress this...their billing service is HORRID beyond belief. I've had a full year of torture with this company...it all happened when i transfered my line rental to BT.

Every bill was screwed up, finally this Sept. billing was actually right...so yes BT are the best deal but be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

BT's bundles are undoubtedly the best value. While some people have encountered problems with BT billing, most haven't had any problem. (Of the people that I know personally, the only problem was on my parents account, when they downgraded to 1Mb. BT skipped a billing period, so that the next bill was 4 months of broadband, but at the cheaper price).

Absolutely no problems with the service itself.

I just checked, and y parents have downloaded 54Gig since August.

2004!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

Bt works out a lot cheaper. I have been with them for the last year and have no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I have had eircom broadband for over a year and have never had any technical or billing problems to date.

I did try to order BT broadband before, but found there process a shambles and i was been told different information. I have also heard and read some stories on there service on boards and word of mouth.

The choice is yours at the end of day. Everyone is going have positive and negative things to say about Eircom and BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I stayed with Eircom after the transition from Dial up and have had only a few minor hiccups and they've been gradually (operative word :P ) upgrading the service and decreasing the price. Let's hope it continues.

And the customer service - it's luck of the draw which sales rep you get on the phone, but if ya don't like em, hang up, redial and there's usually a nice alternative rep waiting on the line.

No experience with BT but have heard bad things about their billing system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

I have had eircom broadband for over a year and have never had any technical or billing problems to date.
    If you have Eircoms 3Mb DSL service, you've been paying over €78 per month for DSL and Line Rental. BT charge €50 for the same service. That's a difference of over €300 a year.

€300 a year!!!

And you don't think you've had any billing problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Foxwood wrote:
    If you have Eircoms 3Mb DSL service, you've been paying over €78 per month for DSL and Line Rental. BT charge €50 for the same service. That's a difference of over €300 a year.

€300 a year!!!

And you don't think you've had any billing problems?
    LOL:D
    BT all the way danielle.:)

Advertisement