Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Nine [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 04-10-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE NINE
    Nine people learn they share a common bond that was forged when they lived through a 52-hour hostage standoff during a bank robbery that changed their lives forever. Each episode will begin with a flashback that reveals another 10 minutes of the robbery that uncovers why and how these nine strangers remains linked to each others.

In the interest of keeping discussion on a specific show / episodes together, this is a general discussion thread for discussing said show during it's upcoming season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Aired on ABC last night.. anyone catch this yet? Hyping it up a bit as the new Lost mainly because it seems from the pilot that the show will mainly take place in
    flashback format to the robbery and focus on how the characters change during the course of it

Wasn't hugely impressed with the pilot myself.. simply because i just didn't care about the characters enough to warrant myself tuning in to see how it changed them. But anything revolving around a bank robbery should make good TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

basquille wrote:
    In the interest of keeping discussion on a specific show / episodes together, this is a general discussion thread for discussing said show during it's upcoming season.
    And bluntly put, given that there are six or so new threads with the same current non-content, added to user457wotsit's identical poll threads, it's as if the inmates (yes inmates, I'm bring polite) have taken over the asylum. I assumed the other guy just wanted a pile of new forums, this is just shockingly repetitive.

Well, that's my entire view for all the threads tossed into one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

sceptre wrote:
    And bluntly put, given that there are six or so new threads with the same current non-content, added to user457wotsit's identical poll threads, it's as if the inmates (yes inmates, I'm bring polite) have taken over the asylum. I assumed the other guy just wanted a pile of new forums, this is just shockingly repetitive.

Well, that's my entire view for all the threads tossed into one.

Its so threads are not being made for every single episode of every show. These types of threads have worked great in the past for such shows as Lost,Prison Break and 24 before they got their own forums. So if you don't have anything worth while to say about the show or anything in general,then don't say it.

As for the pilot of The Nine,it looks like it could be interesting. But overall not too impressed with this first episode. We don't know the characters yet though,but it has a great cast and it will be interesting to see how they use the flashbacks.

Advertisement