Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no it wasnt on Sky ages ago

it can be seen wednesday nights on CBS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

People can get their last helping of Jericho on Wednesday November 29th when it is having its fall finale until Febuary 21st. A three month break like Lost but on the plus side no reruns when it returns.

Here is the article from zap2it.com/tv

CBS announced on Wednesday (Nov. 8) that "Jericho" will follow in the footsteps of shows like "Lost" and "Prison Break," splitting its season into two repeat-free segments.

On Wednesday, Nov. 29, "Jericho" will have what is being described as a "fall season finale," which will conclude with a cliffhanger of some sort. CBS won't repeat the freshman drama and will instead bring the show back in February with all new episodes running for the remainder of the season.

The network says that the "Jericho" return will be preceded by a recap episode on Feb. 14. The all-new episode on Feb. 21 will flash back to the day before the mysterious nuclear attack that launched the show.

CBS doesn't play to entirely abandon "Jericho" during its 10-week absence. The network revealed that episodes will continue to stream on its Innertube platform, where it has been CBS' most streamed show. The show's website will also integrate new original content

In the place of "Jericho," which has averaged a solid 11.08 million viewers this season, CBS will bring back the comedy "The King of Queens" on Dec. 6 with back-to-back new episodes. Two more new "King" episode will air the following Wednesday as well, with single episodes airing at 8 p.m. ET on Dec. 20 and Dec. 27. The network says that another seven new "King of Queens" episodes will air at some point in 2007, but failed to clarify, saying only that additional programming announcements will come at a later time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

right you are i must be thinking of something else after wiki ing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

SoSueMe wrote:
    With a full season renewal TV3 seem to have bought a hit show for a change.
    *cough* The Shield *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

is this program going anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

meh,you could say the same about Lost.

but this is actually beginning to bore me more than Lost is. Still some good elements that will keep me watching,like that annoying supermarket lady who just got stabbed in the gut. Didn't think this show was capable of providing a shock by killing one of the more prominant cast members. that said she probably won't even die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finally.. tvnutz sees the light..

..the shows sucks 40 different types of balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I loath Thanksgiving episodes. But I can't stop watching this show. Help! :(

I think this pretty much sums up my feelings towards the show and last episode...

Ill still watch,mainly because I have watched thus far and want to know what happens with certain things,especially Hawkins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've watched the first five of these and I continuosly hurl insults at it as I do. The acting is appalling to start with and the score makes "One Tree Hill"'s sound like a veritable masterpiece.

I hate the characters and their inability to do anything besides sit around and act in a turgid soap-opera.
    I hate the fact nobody's even bothered to check the nearest town or even think of checking it (FFS, even if they nuked all the cities are we seriously meant to believe that they took out every single town in between as well?)
    I hate the way the plot unfolds so slowly because the characters are even less interested in solving it than the weary viewer.

Why am I still half-watching? A vain hope that the core concept of the show is good even if everything they've delivered has crapped all over the promise of the premise.
    Does it get any better? Compare this to "Heroes" and welll... it's not even funny how much better one new show can be than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Heroes is decent but it is overrated

Jericho just aired episode 11 which might be the last....
    there is no word any any more episodes being filmed or air dates if they have already been filmed.

Its quite possible that season 1 may have only been 11 episodes or maybe its the mid season break either way i don't care if Jericho is canceled i can live with it, i wouldn't mind knowing exeatly what the motivation is behind the attack.

EDIT: WOW i don't believe it Jericho ratings have held, that was the fall finale no more Jericho for quite a while tho but the ratings held so there will probbley be a season 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

its a mid season break until Feb 21st

hmm i read it was the finalie which means season finalie and that season 2 would start around feb/march but cheers for the exact date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, its going on its mid-season break like the other shows.

Hopefully, the writers will take the time to think about how to make better use of this once-interesting plot device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Jericho is starting on TV3 this Wednesday at 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

TV3 has shown up to episode 7, but seems to be going on a break... no episodes scheduled for the next 3 weeks?!?

There was 11 aired in the US and the 2nd half of the season returns in a few weeks so im assuming tv 3 will get the rest of the episodes unless noone watched it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

mambo wrote:
    TV3 has shown up to episode 7, but seems to be going on a break... no episodes scheduled for the next 3 weeks?!?

funny that,considering i have an episode on autoview in my sky planner for this wedensday

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

funny that,considering i have an episode on autoview in my sky planner for this wedensday

Digiguide says this Wed at 9pm on TV3 is the movie "Father's Day" :confused:

http://www.tv3.ie/listings.php?offset=2

TV3.ie has to be right its a movie this week

• Advertisement

the item is gone from my planner...........damn them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

basquille wrote:
    I mean the general idea is brillant.. but some truly awful dialogue and acting bring the show down. Not mentioning the truly uneven score played over some scenes.
    This is exactly how I feel too :(

When Emily Sullivan was trying to sound 'distressed' while talking into the police radio in the 2nd episode, I couldn't get over how bad her acting was.

Also with the dialogue, not allowing people into the shelter underneath the town hall and then people giving out about it? There's no more ROOM! He can't just generate oxygen either! :rolleyes:

And the music! What's with the cheesey speed-metal for action sequences?

I want to like this show but it's painful so far :(

Episode 12 was very good it raised the shows allot for me, its not like lost they are actually giving us answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I think Jericho on Hallmark has now leap-frogged Jericho on TV3 (despite airing at least 1 month later). Hallmark's last epsiode was Episode 8, "Rogue River".

I actually think the last two episodes have really gotten the show going and my interest in it has picked up significantly. I do think though that if it gets picked up for another season, that the production qualities will need to be upped and, any new characters introduced should be played by decent actors, some real dead wood presently filling roles, Shopkeeper lady i'm looking at you!

Hawkins btw is great and I think the qriters have done a really good job to keep the audience guessing as to where exactly he lies.

eh........hallmark is ahead now........fridays ep was the last one that was on tv3.......any idea when its back on tv3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This show has been great since it returned.... the last couple of episodes have answered alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just saw the latest one from the US. I'm really starting to enjoy it now and looking forward to the next.
    It's moving slowly but at least it is answering questions partially.

its getting alot better[Hallmark pace] ..........

its getting alot better[Hallmark pace] ..........

Agreed. Ever since the Rogue River episode the show has been really good. Since the show started I was pretty interested in it but just as it would get going a bogey episode like the corn harvesting one would come along. However, at its current pace and direction its must see adn the show I look forward to most. Watching Jericho makes me realise how much the pace of Lost, bugs me.

Anyone see last nights episode on Hallmark? It just keeps on getting better and better each week. I think the writers have struck the right balance between posing more questions and answering previous ones. I hope this isn't the last we see of Jonah Proust, I have a funny feeling he may actually come to Jericho's rescue.

• Advertisement

aye
    its really putting shows like lost to shame right now
    atm proberly my favourite show on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I saw it tonight on Hallmark. Break now until May.

It baffles me why they are taking this break, it must be contractual, but even then that doesn't really make sense as the US is a good 5 episodes ahead of us even after taking their break. I'll be heading off on a J1 at the end of May so by that time I will only be at about episode 14, at which stage season 1 will be finished in the US. Looks like i'll just have to start downloading......sighhh:rolleyes: (at the prospect of having to download and watch 5 back to back episodes):D :rolleyes:

But seriously though, this could really hurt Hallmark's ratings as Jericho strikes me as the type of show that is watched by a young demographic, a demographic that is in the know about downloading shows already shown in the US.

How come TV3 haven't started airing again? Didn't they drop off at episode 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

My fav show at the moment (followed closely by Heroes). I do not see how the show can last more than a couple of series though as they are moving quite steadily through the story. ... I quite like the charactors and I've not found the dialog as bad as some of the posters above ;)

anyway - its a great hours entertainment for me and I hope it does last a while longer :)

pokerwidow wrote:
    I saw it tonight on Hallmark. Break now until May.

hopefully will be back on tv3 soon,and thier only 2 or 3 eps behind anyway

last few episodes (american pace) have been very good,which is great because I thought it was getting very boring and plain crap. Hawkins keeps the show alive really and I am curious as to what his story is.
    I presume he was meant to set of the bomb? yes? why didn't he set if off. I presume if he was an undercover agent of some sort he would have tipped off his bosses about the rest of the bombs going off. What group was he part of? Who are they etc etc. They have answered a lot about him which is great but those questions are still bugging me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Guess those questions been answere now tvnutz. I really love this show now i must say :)

Do I have to start watching this again? Is it really after getting good?

Seriously Mossy, the last 8 or so episodes have been top notch. I felt the show was going well enough but blipped from time to time with corny episodes like the corn harvesting one. However, since Episode 9/10, its been fantastic, exactly how you'd imagine the premise should have been.

I'm not trying to have a pop at Lost, as it also one of the programs I watch and enjoy, but Jericho is far more intriguing latley and as others have said, is sticking to a core set of storylines, answering enough questions but at the right pace so as to keep things interesting.

Seriously, torrent this sucka ASAP.

• Advertisement

torrent this sucka ASAP.

Only because you asked so nicely :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

bloody ace series

my favourite hour of TV at the moment

hopefully it will last a few more series

Jericho - Heroes - Lost .... humm there is actually a few shows that I am enjoying at the moment

its back friday week on hallmark......thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Anyone know if it'll be back on TV3 at some stage?

im assuming so, proberbly when supernatural returns.......

It has been very good the last 5 or 6 eps. Some really interesting things happening and we find out a lot about hawkins who is easily the best character on the show.

There are still the corny scenes here and there and I really want to punch that Dale kid in the face but the recent plot lines have been very good. THe most recent has brought up a great storyline.
    Jericho to be invaded by their crazy neighbour town!

• Advertisement

the return ep on hallmark this friday is a recap of eps 1 to 11[checked sky ep]

Hawkins really is the best thing about the show. Do you reckon yer one
    Heather is really dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks Elites... am looking forward to this episode. I've been glued to it
    for the last 5 weeks. Time for the residents of Jericho to bring out their
    own 'hardware' me thinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Spoiler for non-US viewers:
    I was thinking it was about time to threaten to use the Jericho nuke!

Good finale I thought. Sad to see
    Johnston die. gerald McRaney is a great actor,was brillaint in Deadwood as Hearst. Never have I wanted a character to die more! But his character this time,not so much.

also an annoyign finale in a way because of how it ended. Sadly it seems very likely the show will not be picked up for another season so we are left with that cliffhanger! :mad:

overall was worth seeing the season through for some very strong later episodes despite some very bad ones earlier on that nearly made me give up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement