Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dexter [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

omg i love this show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well it was a good episode and i know what your saying ixoy but Doakes not following him will let Dexter get back to what he is good at now that he has all that extra room in the back of his car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great episode, don't like Lyla charecter, Brits never work for me in shows and this girls the same. Doakes had line of show "You owe me a FXckin Michellin"
    Great show.

Snake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Great episode, don't like Lyla charecter, Brits never work for me in shows and this girls the same. Doakes had line of show "You owe me a FXckin Michellin"
    Great show.

Snake

what was she in before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Disappointing to see Doakes lay-off dexter, I was looking forward to more confrontations and the second story-line being based on that, alas..

I quite like Lyla, In fact I hope she does replace the current love interest :p

• Advertisement

Yeah Rita has become a bit of a nagging pain recently, I'd say she might try and get Dexter out of the AA meetings, cause she got a big shock when she saw Lyla was Dex's Sponsor.
    The actress who plays Lyla is also in the BBC series Hustle and I hope Dex cut's her up soon.
    Ok Doakes is off Dexters back for the moment, but I bet you he'll hook up with Debs in this series as there was hints of that relationship last season, if it happens it will put Dex back under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Lyla is definately an interesting character after watching the latest episode there.. What is she hiding and so desperate to keep Dex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Another very good episode. Is this the first time Dexter hasn't killed someone in an episode?

I am really enjoying this season so far except for Lyla,just don't like her.Her character seems interesting enough but I just don't like the actor or the accent. Usually I don't mind British accents in American shows,but her's is annoying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

awesome, doakes is **** cool

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoyed this one a good bit more than last week - loved the dinner scene and Dexter's earlier "Make up your mind" :)

Doakes is still angry - so that's good. It was nice to see more on the rage he feels, which ties in with him finally "uncovering" Dexter's secret last week.

The butcher storyline went in a good way - I was a bit unhappy when I thought Dexter had successfully sabotaged the bodies (and seriously, no security on them!?) but the rocks made up for it.

Am with tvnutz though - don't care for Lila. Reminds me too much of Marla from "Fight Club" and her accent grates for some reason.

• Advertisement

Ye i dont like her voice at all, very annoying but will be interesting to see what happens with her charactor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

really really loving this show the more I watch it now. There really should be a seperate forum to discuss it.

liked the doakes special ops sub plot a lot also. Also what is Lila supposed to be? Is her accent supposed to be english? Because it sways between english, australian and american imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

ixoy wrote: »
    Am with tvnutz though - don't care for Lila. Reminds me too much of Marla from "Fight Club" and her accent grates for some reason.

Absolutely. She completly grates, she is a basic stock character and nothing she does surprises me. Knew she would be an artist from the moment she opened her mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The latest episode (episode 4) seemed to be the weakest so far. The events with Doakes and Angel just seemed to be left hanging there. The last time Doakes was responsible for an officer involved shooting half the department were called to the scene - this time nobody seemed to know about it :confused:.

Angel gets called into the victim's wife's house to get shown the hidden guns and nothing develops from it :confused:.

Also the one lines were sub-par this week and somewhat lazy.

Lila can stay (because she's hoooooooottt :p) but why didn't they try to do the character with an American accent as that cut glass English one is just too anachronistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't a huge fan of last week's or the previous episode but this week was a real return to form.

Dexter's confrontation in the bar with his mother's killer was just absolutely thrilling stuff - and Michael C's performance was top-notch.

Tonight's episode really brought up the moral question again of how we should actually view Dexter. Murderer or Defender?

Hope we get more of the same next week.

PS - Lila has nice buns! Nyum-nyum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ummm lila :)

yeah really good episode, the bar scene was fantastic

wonder whats gonna happen with the camera on the docks?

loved Dokes & Sergeant sleepsaround on their stakeout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Another classic deadpan quip this episode: "We must have been given different homework assignments" :)

I hope Lila doesn't end up castrating him. I'd rather a showdown between the two similar to last season's, rather than her "curing" him or else becoming his annoying sidekick.

i enjoyed the most recent episode but a few of my friends are starting to think that not enough is happening and that if its going to be short season again that they have wasted 1/2 there episodes. I dont know i think dexter is agreat show but the dark defender could be a little more active if he wanted, i mean he doesnot have to dump the bodies there he could leave them anywhere and kill them in such a fasion he can make the death appear any way he wants. Also since he butchers his victems (either for fun or easy disposal) either way with a body in bits the cause of death is obvious enough so they probbley wouldent test for the toxin/sedative dexter uses because if they discover any of that he could be more fooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Most recent ep was very good, can see deb and the fbi guy get it on, although dont really want that mental image ! As for Lila..... good golly miss molly, fantastic lines....;)
    They have changed the actor playing Rita's son, he will be given a more mature role i think he has a dark side like dexter and he ends up teaching him Harrys code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

omfg.... awesome

just.... awesome
    loved the hug between debrah and the fbi guy, thought the fire alarm was a bit naff.. but something had to be done.. great episode..just ****ing great

• Advertisement

Good episdoe alright Looks like Rita is kicked to touch, didn't really like here this season as she seemed pretty hardnosed towards Dex (also looks like the actress who plays her had a bit of work done to her face).
    Good to see Stokes back on Dex's case, will be interesting to see if he backs off.
    Also nice guest appearance by Silas"Haywire"Weir Mitchell.
    Will be interesting to see if Dex gets away with wiping the tapes of the Marina. Get the feeling FBI man is watching him too.

great episode... probably one of my favourite episodes so far.

Although my wife thinks dexter is a killing whore. Its amazing how woman are ok with liking a guy while they are killing and butchering people, but the minute they cheat on their girlfriend they are disgusting. :D

I don't think Dex is going to get away with just deleting the tape file, there will be a backup server or something

Also my wife raised a good point, why where the FBI at the train car after Dex was there? Did someone tip them off?

Other than that a great episode. I'm loving Michael C. Hall's acting more and more. Everything about him from his dry voice to the way his walk and movements change when he is going to kill someone.

Really wish there was a forum for this show on here :(

Also my wife raised a good point, why where the FBI at the train car after Dex was there? Did someone tip them off?

I think Dex himself did it (and i think that was implied) so that the FBI wouldn't be called in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

loved the bit where he was talking to himslef & suddenyl says

"...and the voices are back" :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

madrab wrote: »
    loved the bit where he was talking to himslef & suddenyl says

"...and the voices are back" :)
    That was excellent :)

Was it wrong of me to have a huge grin on my face when Doakes got back on that "creepy motherf**ker"'s case? I missed him hunting Dexter down and I liked how Dexter made the complaint only to have it partially backfire on him.

The betrayal by Harry works as it's more likely to drive Dexter deeper into darkness, coupled with his seperation. His new creed of doing what he wants to do, rather than what he should, could be interesting and veers away from the danger of softening him up.

Probably the best episode of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good episode. I hope he kills Lila soon though. And I don't like the way he's ****ing Rita around. I liked the character best when he was "killer by night, saint by day". If he's just going to be an average asshole 24/7, then the character won't be as compelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Excellent.. not as hooked into season 2 as i was in season 1 but the show is still excellent - if just for the performance from Michael C Hall alone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sweet!

Oooh Dexter outwits Doakes but fails at outwitting the investigation into him, infact drawing them closer to him.
    Not to mention Dexter perhaps starting to see Lila for who she really is...but what is that exactly? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

HOLY ****!!!
    Dexter headbutting Doakes was possibly one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen on TV. It came more suddenly than him hitting Paul with the frying pan last season, and he showed a kind of nastiness I hadn't seen with that "I own you" comment just before it... Doakes had it coming for so god damn long, it was just fantastic!
    Freakin' unreal! I'm still grinning from ear to ear! :D

HOLY **** is right. What a great episode, although is it wrong that I would of prefered more killing over all the lila lovin.

It looks like Dex is spiraling out of control now, without the respect for his fathers rules he is improvising and getting too arrogant. His father would of never agreed with the way he handled doakes, or sending in the manifesto to the police. He starting to get sloppy, and Lila is the root cause.

That ending line when Dex says "I see you got your light fixed" had me saying "Oh no she didn't"... I guess lila was right, she does get what ever the hell she wants, including Dex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

basquille wrote: »

Cool.

• Advertisement

Huh?

i dont know what to make of dexter at all. Very not sence make...

anyway i thought it was going twards a slightly more excentrick dexter.
    Actually i saw a good tshirt there on glarkware . It was a T-shirt written in red blood, something but it does not say dexter or anything its just "i follow harrys code" (or soemthing like that) written in blood so not everyone would get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

User45701 wrote: »
    Very not sence make...
    A bit like your posts, User :D

There is now a Dexter forum here, so thats where to discuss it from now on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement