Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9800 Pro/pes5

Options
  • 04-10-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi

trying to run pro evo using this card. getting a 'tearing' effect in the middle of the screen. internet tells me that it's to do with the vsync and that the monitor only supported 60hz, bottom half of the screen is updating before the top one, causing the tearing effect.

however i got a new monitor today, lcd 19", have it set to 75hz refresh rate and am still getting the tearing, albeit to a lesser extent.

anyone had this issue with this card and PES5?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get the latest catalyst drivers witht he control centre in them there is an option to force a refersh rate, it may say 75 in windows but its not you need to force it with the drivers.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

done that, and have the vsync on. while it seems to have fixed the tearing it's deffo slowed the game down a bit

i hate computers!

Advertisement