Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Issues?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bertie wrote:
    Sorry Eoin
    just getting a little frustrated with Charlesland even though I live there and work brings me there sometimes. People when an incident arises seem to think the whole place is Private and the law or the agents of the law have no business there with regard to traffic, believe me some of the misconceptions are unbelievable two persons even contradicted the law on two separate ocassions and when asked where they got their info they said they got it here on Boards -it was wrong and the unfortunates got into bother over it.On another occasion ten gardai were sent up there two nights on succession over scaremongering over free newspaper deliveries and a large number of calls were logged almost engaging the phone lines for a whole the evening.Where did the rumour start -on Boards.
    I read the link on Parking and although informative is a little economical with some facts and does not apply to anything in charlesland posting up such information encourages people to do things they shouldn't do

I see where you're coming from; however there is only so much censoring one can do - in fact, a couple of people on this board already think that I have "over moderated" on many occasions.

To clarify anyway, I am glad to hear that you and your colleagues can ticket people who park in disabled spots in Charlesland - the link which I provided was quite vague; although it is generally a very good reference.

With regards to the newspaper incident - that was posted in very good faith by a guy who lives near us (and good friend of mine), and they have had problems in their estate with cars being broken into. Thankfully it turned out to be false, but I'm still glad he took the time to post what he thought was a genuine warning.

I know that you must get sick of back-seat lawyers in your profession, but sites like boards.ie can be a good resource for a lot of things. Obviously, you will also get a lot of incorrect facts that people should take with a pinch of salt. As they say, "opinions are like àssholes - everyone has one" - and sometimes people listen to the wrong opinion and take it as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Sound eoin I understand.
    Charlesland is a great place -its not utopia nowhere is.So we can all work to make it better --if only a proper residents association could be put together and the council would take it over .Then things would work more smoothly at the moment the developers and not the residents have a majority ruling on the management companies and I know residents would be a little more demanding of standards and far more interested .Also people woudn't feel as oppressed or controlled if they thought they could have a proper say and be listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bertie wrote:
    Sound eoin I understand.
    Charlesland is a great place -its not utopia nowhere is.So we can all work to make it better --if only a proper residents association could be put together and the council would take it over .Then things would work more smoothly at the moment the developers and not the residents have a majority ruling on the management companies and I know residents would be a little more demanding of standards and far more interested .Also people woudn't feel as oppressed or controlled if they thought they could have a proper say and be listened to.

I agree 100% on the residents' association. If nothing else, there should now be a committee for each estate by now, and I think there are probably a few representatives on this forum. I have asked on a couple of threads that they provide an email address or other method of contact in a new thread, so I can make it a sticky thread, but no word so far. Though I think INCH will be providing an email address soon?

Anyway folks; to get back on topic regarding the parking:

Probably the best course of action is to inform your management company if there are cars / vans parking illegally or creating a nuisance. This may give them the impetus to look at the issues. Do NOT post license plates here - I don't think that would be tolerated in any forum on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

Yeh astrofluff
    Noticed that mazda ...dont bank on mgt company to do anything....bunch of wasters that paid themselves 30K from our fees.....for doing what??? Cops are best bet!!.........halloween soon could use it as bonfire and then cops will defo move it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Actually had a chat with the Guards the other day dowin da station and they said to ring the council. Haven't got that far meself yet.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

The licence plates are gone now!!? so technically it has been abandonded. It isnt tax or insured anymore either ill try make contact soon with council

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement