Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

looking for a letter box flap

• 05-10-2006 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

The little scallywags in my neighbourhood thought it would be a lark to throw a firecracker in the letter box flap of my front door.
    The letter box flap is now broken with both internal and external flaps blown clean off and the flap is beyond repair.

Having visited three DIY stores I'm finding it difficult to replace the broken letter box flap.
    Anyone know anywhere on the west side of the city from Tallaght up to Blanch where I might source a replacement letter box flap. The flap is roughly 12 inches wide. All the ones I saw in the DIY stores were much narrower.

4 weeks to go until Halloween! Skangers with bangers; a deadly combination.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If they dont have one in B&Q liffey valley its likely you will have to source one online.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

let me know how you get on....same happened to me but they only broke the external one, so I sawpped it with the internal one and had to get a thinner one for the inside, but still looks crap but at least its on the inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,283 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could try some of the joinery firms who supply and fit doors and windows. Most likely you will get one there. A quick glance through the yellow pages and then a call or two should sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Still no luck finding a letter box. Bought one that doesn't suit unless I take a jigsaw to the door which I'm not willing to do yet. Will have to try and find the name of the joinery firm who made the door. Seems to be an extremely odd size 2"x12 1/2" in size.

Ah well, at least the skanger had his fun and really that's all that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Did you try B&Q in Tallaght ? I picked up a replacement letterbox there last weekend for about 20 euro. Don't know the dimensions, but it did require me to do a little bit of cutting to get it to fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

B&Q in Liffey valley didn't have a similiar letter box. It's an oddball size.

Advertisement