Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedheads

Options
  • 05-10-2006 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi All,

We have just bought a kingsize bed for our 2 bed townhouse in Charlesland, (waiting to move in). The bed comes apart so there will be no problem getting it up the stairs. We have our eye on a sleepeasy mattress to go with the bed and the sales woman has warned us that it's very inflexible and may not fit up every stairs (especially around a cornor).

Has anyone else managed to successfully fit a kingsize matress up their stairs in the 2 bed's houses? Or more specifically, a kingsize mattress with limited flexibility.

Thanks,

Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

not a kingsize but we did convert our attic and to try get a queensize(1 foot bigger) up the stairs... man oh man, never again.
    took four of my friends to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

queen size is smaller than a king no?
    my understanding was...
    superking 5.5 feet
    king 5 feet
    queen 4.8 feet
    double 4.5 feet
    twin 4 feet
    large single 3.6 feet
    single 3 feet

you could just cut the matress in half and then duck tape it back together :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

single - 3'
    Double - 4'6"
    Queen - 5'
    King - 6'

afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

queen size is smaller than a king no?
    my understanding was...
    superking 5.5 feet
    king 5 feet
    queen 4.8 feet
    double 4.5 feet
    twin 4 feet
    large single 3.6 feet
    single 3 feet

you could just cut the mattress in half and then duck tape it back together :P

well i don't know what to call ours so, its 6 foot x 6 foot.
    heard it called, queen, king queen, superking, split king and Californian king. the mind boggles, all i know is that my wife has to get the covers in the U.S or Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

well i don't know what to call ours so, its 6 foot x 6 foot.
    heard it called, queen, king queen, superking, split king and Californian king. the mind boggles, all i know is that my wife has to get the covers in the U.S or Internet.

what about calling it Superquin?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

LOL! :D Brilliant!

By the way, we have an Oderest King size mattress (as we got our bed at a later stage) and had no problem getting the matress up the stairs in our 2 bed house. We bought our bed frame as a flat pack (and will never do it again) so again, we had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

Hey there,

Just moved into the Grove a month ago & we got a super king into our 2-bed townhouse without any problems.
    Biggest problem we had was the sofa...had to go through the back garden!

Loving Charlesland so far:D

Advertisement