Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Cars and General information Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

unkel wrote:
    That's your opinion based on owning a knackered E34 (introduced nearly 20 years ago)? There are probably 10 times as many E34 BMWs alone on the road in Ireland today for any single Peugeot of that age...

Instead of selective quoting of my posts why not base you rebuttal on your own experience and opinion?
    Would make more sense (And appear less childish) to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Folks, folks , folks, can we stick to the topic. Its really frustrating when you see a thread title that interests you, only to find when you go in that there is a page and a half of sniping comments, and one up-man-ship about who said what.

Lets agree that some people have owned, currently own and possibly in the future will own BMW's (because they want to !) and lets get back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

kbannon wrote:
    This is yet another ill informed sweeping statement from squiggle!
    Fey! wrote:
    My God, you're so witty and not like a broken record...

i guess i didn't get the signature thing wrong.
    jeeezzzzuusss lads, take a chill pill. yer are starting to sound like spoiled kids, its only a car, not a way of life.

i think it would be great fun for ye to start a little club on here,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ah BMW, sure they are only crap. Why would anyone want to buy one of those. Its your own fault for wasting your money on such a lump of dirt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

TheBazman wrote:
    Lets agree that some people have owned, currently own and possibly in the future will own BMW's (because they want to !) and lets get back on topic
    Agreed.
    I believe that this is not feasable as it is not a dedicated BMW forum but one for all motorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

OT, but I saw an 06 BMW 5 series yesterday that sounded like it was in severe pain. It looked perfect but was making a grinding metallic noise when moving along. I'd love to know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

damo605 wrote:
    Don't take things personally Unkel
    damo605 wrote:
    (And appear less childish) to me....

Pot, kettle? ;)

Anyway, I am no BMW fanboy. I like many cars. I came into owning my first BMW 6 years ago more or less by chance. Since then I've been driving old big V8 petrol BMWs which have given me no trouble. My current car is 7-series which is more than 10 years old and has more than 130k miles on the clock

As for reliability, BMWs have always been well built. If you look at any recent reliability survey or customer satisfaction survey, you'll find that BMWs are doing very well

BTW I like a lot of French luxobarges, past or present. I'm probably not brave enough to ever own one though
    prospect wrote:
    Ah BMW, sure they are only crap. Why would anyone want to buy one of those. Its your own fault for wasting your money on such a lump of dirt.

At least that is funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

prospect wrote:
    BMW? I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. Run of the mill cars bought by stupid people who know nothing about cars. Assembled like an Airfix kit without the glue, deathtraps in a crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

BrianD3 wrote:
    deathtraps in a crash.

heard that as well, is that true?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

BrianD3 wrote:
    BMW? I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. Run of the mill cars bought by stupid people who know nothing about cars. Assembled like an Airfix kit without the glue, deathtraps in a crash.

Don't you own a Renault?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement