Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sms gateways

Options
  • 05-10-2006 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to quote for a website which will allow users to subscribe for periodic SMS messages. Anybody done this?

I'm wondering which providers give a good bang for the buck?

I was hoping to do the 'confirm your subscription' and 'unsubscribe' stuff via sms too. The alternative is to supply number and email, and authenticate via email. Do they provide a number that subscribers can text, which will then be relayed to an email account which I could somehow parse with a php script or something? Do they supply APIs for php?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Try g a ddo . net

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Try www.clickatell.com they are very popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Thanks for those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I use clickatell too. They are the cheapest I found out there. Costs for Irish sms messages as follows:

1 credit = 4.4 cent (gets cheaper with bulk purchases but this is base cost)

087 - 0.8 of a credit, i.e. 3.5 cents
    086 - 0.8 of a credit, i.e. 3.5 cents
    085 - 0.8 of a credit, i.e. 3.5 cents
    083 - 1 credit, i.e. 4.4 cents

They have loads of ways to integrate using xml, soap, com objects, etc. I use the COM. In terms of validating subscribers, I implemented an email/sms notification system on www.raymondpotterton.com. Upon signup, you receive an email with a link that will confirm your email address and an SMS is sent to your phone with a six digit code (after about 5 seconds). On the next page, you have the opportunity to verify your Phone number by entering the code.

If you need more help, just shout!

Dave

Advertisement