Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get wi-fi in saggart?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

folks,

anyone know where i can get wi fi ? i cant get a phone line (landlord doesnt want any), i cant sign up a contract with noone (not here for long).......... rip wave wont work, no coverage........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You want Wireless Broadband. Not WiFi. Wifi is the standard for licence free hotspots, offices and homes.

Try Digiweb, IBB, Clearwire etc. Eircom does have a Wireless Internet product and Nationwide licence, but usually they don't admit to it and it is very expensive.

Vodaphone 3G Data service is better in some areas than IBB, but just over twice the price of IBB basic ripwave.

Unfortunately the Goverment website is poor at showing coverage of Wireless Broadband suppliers.

If you have cable TV, or can get it, then UPC (formerly Chorus/NTL) is a possible option.

If you are only moving nearby then some suppliers may facilitate a move during contract period.

You are unlikely to get Wireless for less than 6 months due to install cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Callidus Telecom (www.callidustelecom.ie) may be able to help you. They have a mast on Windmill Hill, which is near Saggart afaik.

According to this, they do indeed cover Saggart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

A landlord that doesn't want a landline probably isn't going to permit the installation of an antenna either.

Clearwire and Ripwave are the only "no fixed antenna" Wireless Broadband providers. Vodafone's 3G service is also a "no fixed antenna" service, and is probably your best bet, as long as price isn't an issue. (It doesn't cost much more than line rental and 1Mb DSL from eircom).

Advertisement