Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxis.

• 05-10-2006 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

I know this probably comes up a lot, but what are the rules on wheelchair accessible taxis? I've tried the taxi regulators site, but there's bugger all there apart from hopeful thinking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The general rule is that you won't be able to get one when you need one. Or if you do, you'll be waiting for an hour or more after the booked time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i don't know if this will be any good but the NDA have some information and you may be able to follow up their references via google to get more information specifically about taxis. http://www.nda.ie/cntmgmtnew.nsf/transporthomepage?Openpage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Reality: If you are a wheelchair user, start ringing around 6+ hours BEFORE you need your taxi. (Last 2 times I used one, I spent 8+ hours ringing companies).

I advise saying somthing like "Im going with some friends so we'll need one of those wheelchair taxi's" rather than saying you use a wheelchair, its a gamble but its quicker even if it means doing it 5 times till one turns up that will actually admit to carrying ramps in the boot.

The taxi situation in this city is a joke, when it comes to wheelchair, always has been. Best bet, sign up with a wheelchair-dedicated transport company like LDAG or Vantastic.

B

Advertisement