Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing from plans on Galway Site

Options
  • 05-10-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to print out the plans of a house opened from the Galway Co Co planning website? I tried this morning and it doesnt work?

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

can you screen grab and print that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

You can screen grab, paste into MSPaint and print from that but it' seriously pixelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

You can order the plans on paper from the Co Co under the FOI act but I think it costs around €20. Even then I have heard of people not being able to get certain plans.............some architects must not want their designs given out for €20 to the public;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Naux wrote:
    You can order the plans on paper from the Co Co under the FOI act but I think it costs around €20. Even then I have heard of people not being able to get certain plans.............some architects must not want their designs given out for €20 to the public;)

Well I suppose it is understandable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭damiand

All plans are avilable for inspection at the planning authorities offices. Copying of any plans, maps, etc should be done without any difficulty and for a reasonable fee which should be way less than €20.

Phone the planning authority to ensure that they have the file before you go to their offices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Sorry for drifting OT but how do you view the actual plans and is this available on other councils' websites ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

db wrote:
    Sorry for drifting OT but how do you view the actual plans and is this available on other councils' websites ?

I don't know about the rest of the country but you can look at all applications in Donegal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Galway has it(called Gplan)but I'm not sure about the rest (except Donegal now:) )

You'll need broadband or you'll crack up trying to view anything on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

what's the reference number and i'l get them for you! I have a prog that will take unlock the printing facility that's blocked on the pdf files the council have on the webiste and print them out!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I would imagine that any copying of plans ect , may leave you open to copywrite infringement.

kadman

• Advertisement
Advertisement