Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Grand Prix 4

• 05-10-2006 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

I bought Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 a few weeks ago (used copy) and I love it. Being a major F1 fan, it's probably the most engrossing and realistic F1 sim I have ever played. I usually play F1 games on the PS2 but I recently bought a USB adapter for my PS2 controller to play Toca 3 and figured I should buy an F1 game too.

However, the game has a very, very annoying habit of crashing to the desktop on a regular basis, which is particularly grating when you're about 2 laps from the end of a championshp race. It seems to do it for no reason. My pc is more than capable of running the game. I have checked a few websites and it seems to be a common problem with the game but I have not come across any solutions. I have the latest patch too (9.6 I) but it still does it.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Anyone manage to fix this very annoying bug?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Unfortunately I can't help you with GP4, I didn't play it much because at the time I preferred GP3. At the moment the best GP sim for the PC would probably be the CTDP F1 2005 mod for rFactor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

doubledown wrote:
    I bought Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 a few weeks ago (used copy) and I love it. Being a major F1 fan, it's probably the most engrossing and realistic F1 sim I have ever played. I usually play F1 games on the PS2 but I recently bought a USB adapter for my PS2 controller to play Toca 3 and figured I should buy an F1 game too.

However, the game has a very, very annoying habit of crashing to the desktop on a regular basis, which is particularly grating when you're about 2 laps from the end of a championshp race. It seems to do it for no reason. My pc is more than capable of running the game. I have checked a few websites and it seems to be a common problem with the game but I have not come across any solutions. I have the latest patch too (9.6 I) but it still does it.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Anyone manage to fix this very annoying bug?

Same problem delete the patch and download gpx manager shoulnt crash after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

I know this is an old thread but the best way to stop GP4 from crashing is to use GPxPatch and check the checkbox for "Start GP4 in debug mode". If you do that with the 9.6 patch then you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

If that doesn't work, the lads at racesimcentral.com are brilliant at offering help.

Just go to the Geoff Crammond forum :)

Advertisement