Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Cablenet BB Cork

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Has anyone signed up to Cablenet BB from Chorus. How is their service for online games / VOIP. What download speeds are people seeing.

I am thinking of getting them as I dont have a phone and wish to use VOIP but I am afraid that the service will be poor. I have asked them if there service is good enough for VOIP or Online gaming and I get a very polital responce. It might work! but if it does not you are still bound by the 12month contract

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

excuse me ? you mean to tell me if it doesnt work for a feature they advertise their product to be suitable for you are still bound lol. thats funny isnt it.

Check their descriptions again and they clearly state it as perfectly suitable for SMOOTH online gameplay, and btw, my conenction on it is rubbish for both gaming and VoIP, the upload stream has jitter > 200ms constantly ( in fact its more of permanent offset )

http://www.chorus.ie/index.php?PageID=112407

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

i do nt do gaming across it but i have voip from blueface and its fine !

Advertisement