Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant Fees

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

My mate runs his own carpentry business and wants to know the following:

How much does accountants usually charge to do Ltd companies books with regards to the every two month returns and also the ARD return. Also, when he purchase goods for his business and he just wants to send all the monthly invoices to an accountant is it included in the fee to do his book keeping or do they charge extra for sorting out his invoices/receipts?

Also, can he keep basic record of his sales/purchases and how?

I know this is a long shot as accountants don't charge the same rate but surely there is some kind of guidance?
    Thanks
    MO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

they charge by the hour generally, especially if the scope of the work is not clearly specified.
    however a book-keeper could do all the work u describe and then if need be get an accountant to sign off if necessary for the bank etc.

the ard is a simple task.

basic books can be kept easily enough, there are many software packages around, I presume it is a small business, which will also do the VAT returns you mention.

If u want to pm me with some more detail as to where he is etc we may be able to help him further.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭karangka

Hi,

I know someone is who is in a carpentry business. He basically hands over all sales and purchase invoices every 2 months for the VAT and the bookkeeper then prepares the VAT return.

At the end of year, the accountant prepares the account and submit the annual return, corporation tax, etc.

I think you'll be looking at €600 + VAT for every 2 months and around €2 to 3k for the annual accounts. Depends on the volume of transactions though. You might get much cheaper quote if you shop around. Just remember you'll get what you pay for.

Advertisement