Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mivec advice please!!

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Here is the story, I have a 1.3 mitsi mirage asti, I want to turn it into a mivec 1.6.

Any ideas where to pick up mivec spoiler, bumpers, skirts and most importantly engine? And roughly how much should i expect to pay for each?

Love mivecs and its about time i had1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kev2

Conor E wrote:
    Here is the story, I have a 1.3 mitsi mirage asti, I want to turn it into a mivec 1.6.

Any ideas where to pick up mivec spoiler, bumpers, skirts and most importantly engine? And roughly how much should i expect to pay for each?

Love mivecs and its about time i had1.

well lad, good call i just got my lancer mivec last week and theyre a great car. to be honest with ya i dont know all thet much about conversions but i do know they can run into lots of money and you can get stung very easily but i do happen to know where there is a mivec engine in good nick. if ur interested then pm me. its from a colt, not sure if it will fit an asti. anybody else know???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon it'd be easier and cheaper to sell your 1.3 and buy a proper MIVEC (unless you're keeping it as a 1.3 for insurance purposes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Conor E

colm_mcm wrote:
    I reckon it'd be easier and cheaper to sell your 1.3 and buy a proper MIVEC (unless you're keeping it as a 1.3 for insurance purposes)

Im nearly 20, im a student, insurance on a 1.6 would **** me over.

Could add a fair bit of value to my car down the line selling it to someone in the same position as myself.

I do realise there would be a lot of benifits to just buying a propper MIVEC

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

colm_mcm wrote:

Agreed... The conversion from a 1.3 to a 1.6 mivec is pritty big.. Ur better off selling the car and payin the extra on insurance.. Cus if you crash a 1.3 (on the books) with a mivec engine, ur fooked.

Brakes front and rear will have to be changed, gearbox ecu wiring loom, engine mounts bla bla the list goes on.. Either buy one complete or try www.eurosalvage.co.uk for a crashed one for the conversion.

With regard to the mivec spoliers and splitters / bumpers, as I said find a crashed one and strip it, or www.ebay.com www.andysautosport.com etc there is MILLIONS of sites out there u can buy from.. Or ice tronix in dublin, Suped.ie etc.

Advertisement