Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have studio, looking for potential partners in crime!

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

greetings...

i have recently moved to Kerry and am interested in hooking up with musicians/singers and other electronic music producers located within the Kingdom, or indeed those who would be prepared to travel for unique and interesting projects.

studio is pro spec, with the core system based around a maxed out dual screen G5 running Logic Pro (7.2) with Apogee audio I/O. Adam & Genlec providing the mid/nearfield monitoring respectively, esoteric outboard for processing such as UA, Manley & SSL...also a fair selection of mid/high-end mics :D

what im massively interested in are:
      funk & rock guitarists (bass/lead)
    • singers with unique material who are open to interpretation
    • percussionists/funk drummers
    • other producers (ideally running Logic in Mac environment also) who would be interested in joint projects across a range of genres
    what im not interested in is tracking a whole band, people who can "play" instruments but suprisingly enuff don't seem to own one, singers lookin to record folk ballad covers for a demo or other producers who are "cutting tracks" using dance-ejay :eek:

down-tempo styles that do it for me include massive attack, portishead, zero7. mid tempo you're looking at propellerheads, prodigy & fatboy. for all that is faster, i dig the likes of kosheen, kruder&dorfmiester (who also fit into the down-tempo category) and pendulum. Please note this is not a definitive list, just what i hope is a useful guide to the styles & acts i personally draw inspiration from.

so, thats me about done. any further Q's, obviously post'em here - look forward to hearing from ya!

electronically yours...

PD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Best of luck with that mate - where abouts in Kerry are you based?

Advertisement