Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pros & Cons of Widescreen?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I'll be buying a 19" lcd monitor to complete a new build. I have an E6300 & 7600GT in my setup. I will be doing occasional gaming and some basic photo/video editing.

Is 19" widescreen the way to go? I asked a couple of people and they do not like the whole widescreen look. What are the pros and cons of widescreen? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I shyed away from widescreen because I reconed I'd get less screen for me Euro but I don't know if that's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Widescreen is the way to go... Its all i use now(ie. laptop n desktop) So much better than 4:3... It takes a while to get used to it but its so so so much better... I've a 24" dell. Its great to be able to have two windows open at the same time n work between them.. And for Gaming it rocks.. Id deffo recommend going widescreen...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

#Elites wrote:
    Pros: Its just nicer looking! can fir more on the screen, photoshop editing etc is much easer on it as you have more to work with. Gaming is just lovely! DVDS/videos look so nice on it!

Cons: Not much really, just if you want to game at widescreen reso and high you need a good gfx!

I assume the 7600GT gfx card I have should be ok for mid to high resoloution on a widescreen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Another vote for widescreen so much more screen real estate to play with it.

Depending in the max resolution of your widescreen display a 7600GT may be enough for example if it's 1440x900 then that should be okay for gaming though enabling things like AA wont be possible with all games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Naux wrote:
    I assume the 7600GT gfx card I have should be ok for mid to high resoloution on a widescreen?

:rolleyes: Not with all the settings maxed, you'll have to turn off some eye candy ie. antialiasing, antistropic filtering & vsync etc

Overclock it & you'll get more outa it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

19" Widescreen, 5ms, 700:1 now ordered.:D

Tks lads/lassies? for the input

Naux

Advertisement