Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent Laptop

• 05-10-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭

I found this laptop on pc world's website. It seems to have everything i need for basic college work, dvd watching, internet browsing and a bit of football manager. It's in my price range, and seems to have pretty good specs for that price. I am wary of the brand though - i've never heard of advent. Does anyone have any experience of them?

Anyway, here she is:

ADVENT 7098
    €799.97

Processor Type Intel PMP 735
    Processor speed 1700 MHz
    Memory Size 1024 MB
    Memory Type DDR 2
    Hard Drive Capacity 60 GB
    Optical Drives DVDRW Dual Layer
    CD-ROM Speed 48 x
    CD-RW Speed. 24 x
    DVD-ROM Speed 8 x
    DVD-RW Speed 4 x
    Screen Size/Type 15.4" WXGA TruBrite
    Graphics Card Type UMA
    Graphics Memory 128MB shared
    TV-out Yes
    Sound Type AC97 16 bit Stereo
    Modem Type 56k
    Wireless Enabled Yes
    No. of USB Connections 4
    No. of Firewire Connections 1
    Infrared Port Included Yes
    Other Interfaces PC Card Slot, WiFi
    Battery Type li-ion
    Battery life (up to) 4.5 hours
    Software Titles Included Microsoft Works 8.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Advent are a PC World brand. I've heard a few complaints about them, but I own one which personally I find is great, and online reviews say they're a solid enough machine generally speaking.

That price though, is merely average. For 949 though, Pc World have an Advent 7093 with Core Duo T2300, 1gb Ram, 256mb Geforce 7400. Much, much better and definately worth it for the extra 150. Its ok for games too, which the above machine certainly would not be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I had an advent until a few months ago - 7062 i think it was ? Overall it was a grand laptop, never had any real problems with it and could handle almost everything I threw at it. The only problem I has with it was the fan was so LOUD the thing sounded like a helicopter taking off.

Advertisement