Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question for the DJs

• 05-10-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

anyone here based down in Kerry? if so, what styles do u play/kit do ya use?

im personally into a electrotechbreakbeat mashup using 2 technics, 2 CDJs, the ubiquitous & genuinely fantastic ableton live and a set of incredibly rare yak-skin bagpipes i bought off some bloke in the local pub for €10 ...well, not the bagpipes anyway... :rolleyes:

would be great to hear from DJs in the Kingdom or surrounding counties who would be interested in the potential of co-promoting parties/events in the new year...

look forward to the response (although slightly resigned to the fact i may well be going it alone!)

electronically yours

PD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

im no dj but that sounds interesting, bang a mix up there so we can have a listen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

anyone here based down in Kerry? if so, what styles do u play/kit do ya use?

im personally into a electrotechbreakbeat mashup using 2 technics, 2 CDJs, the ubiquitous & genuinely fantastic ableton live and a set of incredibly rare yak-skin bagpipes i bought off some bloke in the local pub for €10 ...well, not the bagpipes anyway... :rolleyes:

would be great to hear from DJs in the Kingdom or surrounding counties who would be interested in the potential of co-promoting parties/events in the new year...

look forward to the response (although slightly resigned to the fact i may well be going it alone!)

electronically yours

PD

How the hell do you transport all that gear? I used to do mobiles but gave up cos I got a pain in me arse from lifting everything out of the back of a Golf. Fair play tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 D Tek

Hows it going man, Im a dj/promoter in Cork, I run a corks biggest techno night in Earth nightclub with some of the biggest names in world techno playing at my night.
    If you need any help or info on anything just drop me a mail on djtek2002@yahoo.com.au & we can talk.
    would love to look into doing some nights in the Kingdom...
    Check this site's clubbing forum for all my listings on my night "kommunity"

Cheers
    Tek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

connundrum wrote:
    How the hell do you transport all that gear? I used to do mobiles but gave up cos I got a pain in me arse from lifting everything out of the back of a Golf. Fair play tho

??

chances are it stay in his gaff and doesnt move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 precisedevice

D Tek wrote:
    Hows it going man, Im a dj/promoter in Cork, I run a corks biggest techno night in Earth nightclub with some of the biggest names in world techno playing at my night.
    If you need any help or info on anything just drop me a mail on djtek2002@yahoo.com.au & we can talk.
    would love to look into doing some nights in the Kingdom...
    Check this site's clubbing forum for all my listings on my night "kommunity"

Cheers
    Tek

sounds good D Tek...will get email over to ya later today dude :D

PD

• Advertisement

chances are it stay in his gaff and doesnt move.

lol - well, it certainly hasnt been gigging over here before dude; i recently moved from the UK and it got abused back there alrite. was involved with a few different nights in and around london/south-east, both gigging and promoting.

bring on the filthy foot-stompin electronica i say!!:D

harryballs wrote:
    im no dj but that sounds interesting, bang a mix up there so we can have a listen:D

nxt one i do, i certainly will dude :D

connundrum wrote:

its usually jus the CDJs, mixer, laptop and controller i take gigging TBH, so it's not that much of a struggle! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Where abouts are you based in Kerry mate? Not much scope for DJing down their, barring maybe Fabric.

Advertisement