Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotbird Channels

• 05-10-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends,

there r some free hotbirds channels that worked perfectly at night, very good signal, and on the morning at about 11 or 12 o'clock I just get a black display with (bad signal) it stay like this for hours and then return back as usual

How I can solve this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

mmalaka wrote:
    Friends,

there r some free hotbirds channels that worked perfectly at night, very good signal, and on the morning at about 11 or 12 o'clock I just get a black display with (bad signal) it stay like this for hours and then return back as usual

How I can solve this??

Maybe they dont broadcast at the time you're getting a blank screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

No i am sure they broadcast at that time, these r 24 Hours cahnnels

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Them X rated channels are not for the breakfast ;)

:)

These r normal Free Channels, mainly Arabic Channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

How big is your dish and are you sure its aligned properly ?
    you need 80cm minimum for Hotbird (90cm for really reliable reception)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

mmalaka wrote:

These r normal Free Channels, mainly Arabic Channels

Let us know what channels they are and what time your screen goes blank, and someone can check for you.

I know when Art sports channels stop broadcasting, I just get a 'Bad or no signal'.

I got the same 'Bad or no signal' between 11 o'clock in the morning and 6 o'clock afternoon, the Dish size is 80 cm, the Channels r:
    Dubai TV, Jordan, Oman, Qater

these channels is free and they r broadcasting 24 hours

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How big is your dish and are you sure its aligned properly ?
    you need 80cm minimum for Hotbird (90cm for really reliable reception)

Actually, that depends on where you are. I get an excellent from hotbird on a 60cm dish here in Waterford City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

On all channels, when it rains? Or just your favorite channels when it isn't raining.
    Heavy rain makes some channels break up & freeze here in Limerick on 80cm. On a 95cm dish perfect in heavy rain.

There is a huge variation in signal strength as there are quite a few satellites at 13e, and even on one satellite, transponders may not have same power level.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Fair point Watty. I mainly only use hotbird for Art Sport and the TPS and Multivisions. On a 60cm dish I get over 75% signal on all of these channels. I can remember one night in particular last season though when we had a torrential down pour and I did lose Art for a short time, but on the same occasion I also lost alot of the channels on 28.2 also using a 60cm dish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement