Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Questions

Options
  • 05-10-2006 12:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Recently moved into a new house (second hand but new to me:)) and I want to do a little decorating and I have a few questions before I begin.

The house is a timber framed, 3 bed semi-d so all the internal walls are timber framed! Firstly I want to completely tile the ensuite bathroom upstairs and the visitors
    toilet downstairs as they both currently have laminate tiber floors and painted walls. My questions are:

1. Is there any problem tiling timber walls? I mean is there any possibility of the weight of the tiles affecting the walls? Stupid q I know but I wanted to check!

2. I want to raise the toilet bowl and tile under it as it looks shabby tiling up to it. When I'm putting the bowl back down, how easy is it to crack the tiles when drilling for a screw hole? Do I need to silicone around the base of the bowl joining the tiles??

3. I will have to drill a lot of holes in the tiles on the walls for mirror, roll disenser etc. How do I do this without cracking the tiles?? Will a metal drill bit do the job??

4. In the shower area, do I have to use a special grout/adhesive as it will be wet. Also, how long should you wait when finished before using the shower again?

5. Any other info that you think may be useful to me

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

Advertisement