Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test - websites?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hello Peoples,

Can someone recommend a website or somewhere that sets out exactly what the driving test consists of. I have mine next week and Ive been told by various people there are different elements like theory, driving, handsignals, checking the engine etc. Just want to make sure Im not blind sided by something.

PDD

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

PDD wrote:
    Hello Peoples,

Can someone recommend a website or somewhere that sets out exactly what the driving test consists of. I have mine next week and Ive been told by various people there are different elements like theory, driving, handsignals, checking the engine etc. Just want to make sure Im not blind sided by something.

PDD

I did it yesterday and all the above were covered.

I had a book. It was called How to Pass tyour driving test the first time.

Didnt read it much as most of the stuff was covered by a pre test I did

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Take driving lessons from a reputable instructor. He/She'll fill you in on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

If you could manage to get a pre-test lesson with the Irish School of Motoring then you'd be sorted with al of the issues.

Or maybe try their website...?

I did mine 18 months ago and one of the main things is to be confident but ultra careful, mirrors, looking over shoulder etc without slowing down too much!

Good luck with it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eamon1

I got lots of info for my test on www.irishmotoring.ie they have all the questions and even some test routes. They also have a list of driving school for all of Ireland and I got one in rathgar that was ace. There website is www.drivingtestinstructor.com.
    good luck. Get a pretest if you can its so worth it to pass first time cos you know what to expect on the day.

Advertisement