Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses in Dublin.

Options
  • 05-10-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

When I grew up in Dublins Northside suburbs, there were always lots of loose horses running around in the local fields and football pitches. I think this was fairly common around Darndale, Coolock, Finglas, Ballyfermot and other areas. A lot of them used to look like they werent in the best of condition and were covered in dirt, matted hair, limps etc. On more than one occasion I came across horses that appeared to be a bit insane as well.

I've noticed now over the past year or two that all these horses seem to have disappeared, but that the horses that you DO see pulling the little two wheeled cart things look like they are really well cared for. The animals that I've seen around Clondalkin lately are really beautiful looking creatures, and I think its cool that they're being looked after so well.

What I was wondering is, has there been changes made to law on relation to keeping horses in public places and how they are treated? I think its great that the horses that ARE out there are apparently so well cared for, but what happened to all the old scary pie balds that used to chase me to school?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Its definitely a lot better than it ever has been right now. Main problem now is that you can buy a horse for little or nothing in certain places and as a result they are being bought by children.
    But yes, there are several initiatives now that are teaching young city horse owners how to look after their horses :):)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Lame horses not good, but could be quite stiff or have arthritis, mucky horses with tangles mane and tails is not a bad thing. A muddy horse is generally a happy horse. If I had a horse in work and was in a lazy I`d just groom the saddle area.

Horse drawn carriages in town where do they come from.

Advertisement