Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Vs Bt for new phone customers

Options
  • 05-10-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I was crunching the numbers for getting both a phone and broadband in my new house (Old House). The equipment is all in place so all eircom have to do is turn it back on (software).

The math is as follows if my memory serves me. 2Meg BB

BT Broadband
    reconection to eircom
    121.93 + vat @13.5 off the BT site but could only be 50+ euro as my equipment is in palce
    Monthly bill including line rental

Possible once off connection fee BB

Upgrade of modem to include wireless
    cant find it on the website anymore but i think its
    taking only the top 2 as essential costs over the 6 months

Total 378

Ericom Broadband 2Meg

eircom phone lines
    Quote from web page
    Get your first eircom home phone line now!
    FREE eircom phoneline connection - worth up to €49.99. "- 121 if line not in place "
    3 months half price eircom talktime - unlimited local and national calls from €13 (inc line charge).
    FREE eircom broadband connection - worth €29.99.
    FREE wireless modem - worth €98.99
    FREE one month’s subscription for online orders only

I cant do the free calc but the onging cost of it over the 6 months contract are
    Line rental
    24pm
    Broadband
    30pm
    Total 324

Open to corrections

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

FREE eircom phoneline connection - €0

Free BT Broadband connection when ordered online - €0

I can't find the info about the Wireless modem either, so go with your - €50

Monthly bill including line rental from BT - €40

6 month cost - €240 + €50 = €290.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Phester wrote:
    BT Broadband
    reconection to eircom
    121.93 + vat @13.5 off the BT site but could only be 50+ euro as my equipment is in palce
    BT can't connect a line, only eircom can. Since eircom are not currently charging for re-connection, BT shouldn't either. If they are charging anything then just get eircom to do it. In fact, you're better off getting the line connected yourself with eircom first anyway. Then with your customer number and line passing DSL test in hand, change everything over to BT.

Advertisement