Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser problem with slim ps2

• 05-10-2006 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

just bought fifa 07 and wont work on ps2, i phoned tech support and they advised that there seems to be a problem with the laser and it won't read dual layer dvd's.

anyone have any idea how i can fix this

it's not under warrenty and i have tried using lens cleaner.

any help is greatly appreciated ???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A lens cleaner might work but if it doesn't I'd send it to Sony to be repaired. It costs about 70 yoyos however ans they won't do it if the console has been modified. You can open up the console and clean the laser yourself but you could end up doing more damage youreself to the console. If you want somebody with some experience at fixing consoles and is a lot cheaper than Sony you can get your PS2 fixed in Game Xchange on Talbot street in Dublin.

Also I'd recommend not playing tosh like Fifa and get Pro Evo instead.

On another note, after 12 iterations of the PS2 console how come sony hasn't put a decent DVD drive in anyone of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

cheers thanks for the advice.

will try game xchange on the way home from work !

Advertisement