Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo drawing tips/help ?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I went into Zulu today and had small chat with Justin Russell. I showed him two pictures (1 & 2) that had given me the idea and I also brought some sheets of paper on which I drew out of what I'd like it to look like, well not exactly but just to give him an idea of what I'm looking for.

He told the 1st pic was originally a panting by Alex Grey (painting). He said it looks like a lot of work, I said well I'm not looking for an exact copy and maybe you (him) could draw up something based on my idea, he said yeah he could do something alright.

He said I should also check out other work by Alex Grey, that I might like some of his other paintings. I got the impression he wasn't interested in doing it (I'm a bit paranoid :rolleyes:) so I asked him would he be interested in doing it, he said definitely :). So we shook hands and I left...

Now I can't draw to save my life, but I want show Justin a better drawing of my idea so understands what I'm looking for, but I can't draw something on paper that's in my head basically because I can't draw. :o

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I'd leave it with him, like I said before he's the man for that type of work, and if he says he's into it then he will be, I wouldn't worry too much, personally I'd wait until he draws something up then get him to change it as you wish.

If you can't draw don't worry that's his job.

I've seen sorta similar work by Justin before which is why I thought he'd be into that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I'll try do out a clearer image anyway and I'll go in next week again and organize getting the ball rolling on it.

Thanks for recommending him :) Is he South African? He reminds me of the guy who done my first tat in Portugal, he was South African and looks like him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

He's a kiwi if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I actually taught that first. Have you had work done by him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

sean does all my work but seein as they work in the same studio nd i spend quite a bit of time there i've cin alot of justins work...and every piece i've cin has bein brilliant!

good luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement