Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Dip Chances

• 05-10-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I got 57% overall in my degree which is 38 points I think...what are my chances of getting a H Dip in Ireland? Does anyone know the number of points needed to get into Maynooth for example?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

ateam wrote:
    I got 57% overall in my degree which is 38 points I think...what are my chances of getting a H Dip in Ireland? Does anyone know the number of points needed to get into Maynooth for example?

Im not at all sure, but I think that the cutoff is usually in the low to mid 40's. You can get extra points by doing teaching hours as a sub though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭leann

The cut off point last year was 43 for Maynooth which is 67.5 and above. Dont be disheartened if you dont get Maynooth get some teaching hours every fifty hours you do gives you one extra point. UCD was 41 last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I think the number of points you can earn by unqualified teaching though is limited to 3 or 4. You better check that out. Get the Handbook for www.pac.ie (I think). HDEAC are the crowd not that do the admissions not CAO/CAS.

Any postgrad study earns you points too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KaiserSose

does anyone know what the points were for the other colleges? I got 67.1% in my degree and wont be able to get any teaching experience so should I expect to qualify for at least one of the colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

AFAIK they were all 42 except Maynooth which was slightly less.
    Business studies primaries were 46.

• Advertisement
Advertisement