Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Code Search

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

I haven't used it much yet, I only really discovered it a day or so ago, but apart from searching for code to help you out it also has a much worse use.

For example, wordpress login information is normally stored in a php file thats not readable from the outside world but if you do this......

Hey presto your in...

Not cool google....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

For example, wordpress login information is normally stored in a php file thats not readable from the outside world but if you do this......
    Look carefully at what you actually found... they all look like installation packages. None of those are live sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yup, thats exactly what they are.

Anybody used this, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Look carefully at what you actually found... they all look like installation packages. None of those are live sites.
    Some of them look like live sites where they were tested offline and the files uploaded as a tar/gzip.

Not really Google's fault if these guys left their code readable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

LOL.. search for "Internal use only" and add company name of choice. Legal departments are going to have kittens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Am I missing something? Suggested company to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Pick a company and you go looking for code that should never be in the index. Its a bit like the Google search for government documents. You can find the occasional not for public consumption documents there too.

Of course you probably need to know the terminology of company in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Indeed, try "not for public release" in regular Google, you get 88,000 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Turns out that PHP is the most expletive filled language!

http://tinyurl.com/jj9rl

Now for theories - does writing PHP make you curse? or are PHP programmers just a coarser bunch - the sailors of the coding world?

Advertisement