Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which provider?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I've been using IBB ripwave for a couple of months now and although I've no complaints with the service(set up and running within 3 days of ordering..v good) it's only 516k and for what I need, online gaming this just doesn't cut it:confused:

Can anyone tell me whats the best package in the Dublin area for between the 20/30 euro mark? seems reading around Perlico is to be avoided, BT/Magnet? is Eircom's broadband plus 2meg 20GB cap worth consideration at 29.99??

thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

dogpile wrote:
    Can anyone tell me whats the best package in the Dublin area for between the 20/30 euro mark? seems reading around Perlico is to be avoided, BT/Magnet? is Eircom's broadband plus 2meg 20GB cap worth consideration at 29.99??
    That's €29.99 plus line rental of €24.18.

If you're going the DSL route, BT's bundle of 2MB DSL and Line Rental for €40 is the cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Digiweb Metro might be for you. Metro Lite is only €20 a month with 10G cap. Download is 1Mbps but I'm not sure of the upload speed. There's installation fee and 1 year contract on this too, also you need to put up an aerial which may be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

[QUOTE=Foxwood

If you're going the DSL route, BT's bundle of 2MB DSL and Line Rental for €40 is the cheapest option.[/QUOTE]

Is it reliable? read some bad things on here...mind you I read poor things of Irishbroadband but I've found it to be good even if it is only glorified dial-up tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

dogpile wrote:
    Is it reliable? read some bad things on here...
    Any time I read threads with the subject "BT slow" or "No BT broadband in ballygobackwards", the problem inevitably turns out to be a problem on eircoms network, and effects all DSL users.

Some people have had problems with BT billing - and it's in the nature of things that people who have had problems are more vocal about it than people who haven't, but there are plenty of BT users who've said that they haven't had any billing problems.

The very first post at the top of the Broadband forum is a Poll about the different BB providers - it shows 39 users happy with BT, 8 unhappy. Unfortunately, the poll doesn't show how many of those 8 are unhappy with the service, and how many are unhappy with the billing (and how many are not currently customers of BT, but are still unhappy).

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

dogpile wrote:
    I've been using IBB ripwave for a couple of months now and although I've no complaints with the service(set up and running within 3 days of ordering..v good) it's only 516k and for what I need, online gaming this just doesn't cut it:confused:

thanks..

Smart Telecom 3mb Standard package Eur35 Per month including line rental.
    Ive used it to play Final Fantasy online and it works like a charm:D

• Advertisement

Smart telecom sounds a good package..unfortunately not available on my line:mad:

dogpile wrote:
    Smart telecom sounds a good package..unfortunately not available on my line:mad:

That is a pity.
    Might i suggest you read the following thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054998166

It was an information thread about smart telecom but many other providers and packages came up along the way.

Best of luck

That is a pity.
    Might i suggest you read the following thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054998166

My bad..forgot they've been having a bit of trouble lately:rolleyes:

dogpile wrote:
    My bad..forgot they've been having a bit of trouble lately:rolleyes:

Not to worry its all been sorted now - they will continue to servive all Broadband customers and to thank existing Broadband customers for sticking with them they are all being upgraded free of charge to a 6mb connection for the rest of 2006.

Sure glad i stood by them

Not to worry its all been sorted now - they will continue to servive all Broadband customers and to thank existing Broadband customers for sticking with them they are all being upgraded free of charge to a 6mb connection for the rest of 2006.

Sure glad i stood by them

Perhaps its this generosity that's gotten them into trouble, who knows...as for my options I'm swinging towards Magnet at the moment:cool:

• Advertisement

dogpile wrote:
    Perhaps its this generosity that's gotten them into trouble, who knows...as for my options I'm swinging towards Magnet at the moment:cool:

You may be right - If Magnet is available on your phoneline then go for it....Anything but Eirscum

Advertisement